web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Triad Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a older XTS single cabinet system with analog trunks now. The customer wants to go PRI and I am not sure of the correct PRI card and equipment needed to make this happen. I have been getting conflicting part numbers from suppliers and told that I need a PLL card and the next person says I do not need one. I think I have narrowed this down to a part number 3031-40 card, but then it looks like I will need a cable and a CSU. What I am looking for is everything I will need to connect to the provider. (Time Warner)If anyone can help, it would be a real blessing. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
First off, what MPB and firmware is the XTS using? Depending on that the PRI could be a combo card: part number 3031-51. A PLLU module is not necessary depending on the MPB. Both the 3030-01 and 3030-03 MPBs have built in PLLUs. A CSU is advised depending on how the PRI is being delivered. If it comes as sip to PRI, a csu is not all that necessary, if by some fluke it is being delivered by copper, you should use a csu as jitter and surge protection.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/24/14 08:19 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Triad Offline OP
OP Offline
1st off - thanks for the reply!

Here's what I could find - it says MPB2 on the card tab, I could not find a part number but, I did find this (LDK 300 MPB-Iss 3)

The MPB card only has 1 piggy back card on it located at the bottom of the card that says 1.12 (software card ?)

The MPB has 1 ethernet port, 2 DB9 com ports and 2 RCA connectors plus the 8 dip switches.

code 605 says - Eng V1.12 P03-2FE1 Basic

Power Supply says LDK 300 - cover says XTS

System was replaced from a Triad 2 that needed more extensions.

They are using the Triad telephones (TR9015-71)

Reused the DTIB24 cards (4 of them), the LCOB cards (2 of them) and the DIDB card (1 of them).

Slot 7, LMU and the RAU slots are all empty

Not sure if you wanted all of that info but, I just thought I would throw it out there if any of it helps.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I would upgrade the mpb software before I would install a pri on that system. The version I would use is 4.0. There have been many very important enhancements made to the did tables and other PRI functions that you will need that v1.12 does not have.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,303
Posts638,884
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,797 Shoretel
189,870 CTX100 install
187,998 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 7
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 93 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024