web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I went to a customer site last week to install a softphone. I was unsuccessful, I called Samsung's tech support, and they seemd to know less than I did which admittedly not much. So How does one install a Communicator softphone on a 7200S?

The steps I took was to load the software license in the 7200S.
It accepted that. then going by the manual I loaded Officeserv Link v3. That went Ok. I went into the Officeserv and looked to see what the next IP phone number is (ext 275).I then loaded Communicator and while it installed OK, I cant get it to connect.

Both devices are on the same network and there are no firewalls beween them.While the PC is at xxx.xxx.10.95 and the Officeserv is at xxx.xxx.8.75, they are on a .252 subnet so that should not be a issue.I think i am missing significant parts of the process here, and Samsung was frustratingly unhelpful. They try, but I can tell right away that they dont know much about the softphone. What did I do wrong? Can some one give me a step by step process how to install one of these things?

BTW the system software version is 4.60b Thanks for any insight!!!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Go to 2.7.1 - ITP info, make sure Use IP Whitelist is disable.

You probably don't have that option though.

Verify your User ID and password.

Then in Communicator, right click and select configuration and make sure you have the option selected for Softphone mode.

OP Offline
Thanks for responding.

I'll look at 2.7.1 and see what it says

I think the user ID should be 275, but I stuck 3275 in there also. Its a new station, the password should be default (0***). It is unregistered though, but I never registered the phone through DM (if that is even possible) I always registered by going through the phone itself.

Is Officeserv Link required to run this? Samsung couldnt even tell me that!

I already have it in softphone mode(it makes you choose at the beginning when you install)

Last edited by PatsRule14; 03/24/14 03:07 PM.
It doesn't use Link.

The default password is not 0***

I would recommend changing the password.

Then in the OS Communication, make sure you have it in Softphone Mode and you have the IP address for the computer, the server (phone system) and the correct user ID and password.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The current version of Communicator may not be compatible with 4.60. I don't know this to be true, just tossing it up to see if it sticks.

What OS is the pc running?

Make sure your extension number and user id match. If you do a lot of renumbering, they can slip out of sync. While you're in programming checking this stuff out, designate a password for the extension that you know to be correct while you're fighting with it at the pc.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
this is a stupid question. Why did you install OfficeServ Link for a softphone?

I don't think you need Communicator for softphone either.

OP Offline
I installed Officeserv Link because the manual said to, perhaps it is older. Communicator is Samsung's softphone, maybe you are thinking a bout a SIP phone?

Jbean can you give me a MMC in regards changing the password, i don't believe its 101 but I am not sure exactly where it is...

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
First things first. Samsung provides softphone software that doesn't have anything to do with Office Communicator. It's simply a softphone. This software may have required Link to operate. I'm old. I just don't remember. Samsung provides OfficeServ Communicator which can be configured for use like the other softphone software. This same OS communicator software can also be configured to pair with an IP desk phone (Desk mode) or with one of the smti IP phones with proper licensing (UC mode). Link may be required for some of the address book functions in UC mode. Once again, I'm old, yadda yadda...

That said,

using DM, check 2.71 to verify all of your ID's match your extension numbers. For ease of use, make them match if they don't already.

Last edited by JBean3329; 03/26/14 07:27 PM. Reason: speling

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
With samsung IP phones (including softphone) the extension numbers and user id's don't have to match.
This is not the case with SIP extensions.

The OS softphone as a standalone software was discontinued.
They decided to integrate this into communicator (which replaced OS call).

OS communicator when used in deskphone mode (ITP-5xxx, digital or analogue phones) requires OS link.

OS communicator when used in UC mode (SMT handsets) does NOT require OS Link

OS communicator when used in softphone mode does NOT require OS Link.

What is the error message displayed on communicator?

Since your software is 4.60 the whitelist option that Kaiser is talking about doesn't exist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 109 guests, and 250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024