web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#569275 03/28/14 12:58 AM
OP Offline
Alright, here is a doozie I am facing. How a OS100 2.72 software and a SVMi 4e installed. Apparently hackers have figured out how to get into a mailbox and start dialing out numbers. Is there a way to disable the call out feature in mailbox? I have looked all over mclass and eclass. Nothing found there. I have even looked in cos to toll restrict the vm stations but the system doesn't see them as stations in 301. I am at a loss here. Anyone know how to accomplish this feat?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We have successfully used a product called Control Phreak to stop this occurring without loss of functionality to the user of the Samsung. There are many OfficeServ systems that were victim to the same problem and this product has controlled it quickly and easily every time. Full on-line installation and support from the manufacturer relieves you of an overhead in getting this going. Worth checking out at www.callista.net

Samsung have set out a detailed way to stop hacking
call your dealer for the info
don't forget to change passwords and delete all mailboxes not used

Changing passwords won't help when they use a brute force attack over a period of time. I have seen where Samsungs secured to the specifications after an attack and they were still penetrated again, and sometimes a third time. I recently met with a company that lost $50,000 to attacks through their Samsung and after the maintainer had declared it was secure.

Have the CLEC restrict international dialing. That's a must!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
The voicemail ports should still be covered under COS 1 even though you can't see them so change COS 1 to toll B and Deny X. Change all the normal stations to COS 2 toll A and test. I've done it on a lot of old 100/500's and depending on software version it works fine. You can then add allow to Toll B for your local numbers if they have message notification.
If that doesn't work set Password minimum to 5 and change the default password, this will force all users to change passwords when they go into their mailboxes the next time. Change the system parameter passwords to something else 5 digit. Delete all unused mailbox/extensions, anything left go into the block table of the extension and in the password field type DEFAULT and it will change the password to the new default.
These guys always give up and move on if the easy passwords don't work.

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 03/28/14 10:13 AM.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,521 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024