Sponsored by Atcom
Get a free phone!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#570022 04/10/14 12:57 PM
OP Offline
I'm looking for help changing the answering message on a Strata Cix IP5000 series phone.

I've changed the night message, the busy message, the 7 option messages, & but somehow it's not changing the first message I hear when I call the #.

Hello
Have you asked your Toshiba vendor these questions. ?

OP Offline
KENB, thanks. I was referred to the Toshiba's telecom website which includes a video on voicemail & another on managing greetings.

It's a straightforward video & I followed the instructions on setting up a default greeting. I can even listen to the saved greetings I've made, but they don't play when I call the #.

The main greeting is different than a users mailbox greeting, it is associated with another mailbox and they have administrative access only. Please see your trained Administrator or contact your Toshiba vendor for training or servicing.

OP Offline
Toshiba Bob, thanks.

I think the trained administrator retired in August but I'll look into it. Am I asking for a 4 digit code, or is a different phone somehow primary?

That is the million dollars question, the system is so flexible that it could be just about anything..it really depends on your installing/servicing vendor and their designed practices.

Your asking to be able to change the auto attendant greetings or possible a mailbox greetings.

OP Offline
It looks like there was never a trained administrator. I did track down the original installation paperwork & it's a CIX40.

I called the vendor from 5 years ago & they said the auto attendant greeting is usually the day greeting(thanks for naming what I'm trying to do Toshiba Bob), accessed by pressing #* when I'm prompted for the access password. The passwords should still be the original installation passwords.

This is good progress but now it wants a user ID. User ID isn't in the table of contents or index of my Strata CIX User Guide. How should I find it? I can call the vendor again tomorrow.

You could try 990 or 991 but I'd guess the passwords have been changed

OP Offline
Toshiba Bob, thanks. That's what they suggested too when I'm prompted for the password. I have one more standard password too & they're working in other places. But it's prompting me for a User ID.

Online Content
Originally Posted by JoeSaintLouis
But it's prompting me for a User ID.

The 990 or 991 he mentioned are user IDs, not passwords.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,379
Posts634,605
Members49,525
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics (Views)
Today's Birthdays
dcttech, George/wa2vnv, telesalesrep
Newest Members
NiagaraGuy, Luv2uallday, FredSkidoo, tspa, xtrememachines
49,525 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Toner 21
dexman 11
R4+Z 6
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mercenary Roadie), 5 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Telephone Systems Canada | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2022