web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Little Background ....

ESI-200 system, just installed last week at our location. Location is all Macintosh based. Technician said, "Oh the System Admin for programming, etc only runs on Windows." AFTER installing at our location. Vendor/Technician knew we were all Macintosh before they installed.

I am the IT Manager for said location.

Luckily, I had a small Win XP box laying around that we used for checking websites on IE for compatibility. (We do a little site design now and then) Connected it in the server room, and ran all available Windows updates, including the optional ones.

Technician tried to install the System Admin. Worked once, and then stopped working. Version installed was 1.2.14.17 from ESI website. After second launch started getting the Unhandled Exception error.

Technician tried installing 1.2.14.27 and still have error.

Technician gave up and said, well just call us for programming, it works on my laptop, I will just connect remotely and fix/program. - NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

We need the ability to program new extensions, change names when staff is hired/fired ... etc.

I found the following thread on your site, and tried to follow along:
https://sundance-communications.com...ystem_Programmer_New_Site_Err#Post467256

Sounds like the same issue, just on Win 7 instead.

I tried to disable DEP (As best I could, keep in mind I am an Apple Certified Technician, not a Windows tech)
I tried to uninstall and reinstall ESI System Administrator, no luck. Same error.
I looked in the "Roaming Appdata of the Admin user of the computer" for the ESI folder, nothing. So not sure what to do there.
"Also, if you are using a 64 bit machine, make sure you have Compatibility set to yes in Admin" - not sure where I am looking for that setting

Can someone please point me in the right direction to get this ESI System Administrator running on Win XP ??

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We have had this issue recently with the admin programmer and the installer programmer but have different results with each. What I would suggest is that you make sure the login name that you are using has local admin rights to the machine. Second I would uninstall the program and then go into the registry and search for anything that says "ESI" or "admin programmer" and delete it. Also go into c:\program files\esi\ and delete any folder underneath, or the entire ESI folder. This will ensure that your site file and any lingering files are gone. Then reinstall your program. .27 is the latest. .17 is about 2 years old and will not work on your site properly assuming that you are running the latest software. Then when the program loads, create a new site file but DO NOT change the name from "New Site". Leave that alone. I believe that this is where the problem lies. My personal opinion is that something on Microsoft's end changed, but since it is now 2 days of not supported the code was not changed on Esi's programmer.Then type in your admin password, and put your nsp IP address in, and try and connect. This should correct your issue. Any other issues, let us know.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Don't forget .... you can always program through the phone!.

I can do things twice as fast on the phone!

You have an excellent telephone system. If all else fails, you can program everything you should program through the phone as was mentioned. As for "speed." well I question that. I only type with two fingers, but, as an example, programming speed dials is lightning fast with copy and paste than poking them in with a phone. But, to each his own.

1. Get yourself a copy of "Your UnInstaller." Use it to completely uninstall the ESI program from that computer. Make sure every directory and sub directory has been deleted. That program will take care of all the registry entries.

2. Make sure you have administrator rights to that computer. When the OS was initially installed, the first user had to be the Administrator and that is usually how people leave it. If there are multiple users on the computer, you need to open up the control panel and look at the users and find out which has administrator rights.

3. Here is where you have to get into the computer. The ESI programs only work if .NetFramwork is installed and is FUNCTIONAL. My guess is it is either not up to date or is not functional. This is not much of an issue for 32 bit systems, but it can be near impossible on a 64 bit system. You need, at least, .NetFramework 2.0, but, for everything to work properly, you should have .NetFramework 4.5 and ALL the updates. If the program worked, once, as you wrote, then you probably have SOME version of .NetFramework installed. The exact same condition happened to me on a 64 bit machine with .NetFramework 1.1 installed. It worked once and miserably failed every time after.

4. If .NetFramework is OK, and your system is 32 bit, go ahead and install the 1.2.14.27 version as Administrator. Follow RegisMT's directions.

5. If you have a 64 bit machine, the installation is a little more dicey. There are quite a number of steps to get it working properly on a 64 bit machine, so reply back if this is the issue and we can help from there.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
OK, still no dice.

Used Your Uninstaller to remove previous install and registry entries.

Installed Belarc Advisor - According to Belarc Advisor I am not running 64 bit Windows XP

System Information - Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

According to Belarc Advisor I have .net 4 installed
Software Versions & Usage - Microsoft - .NET Framework Version 4.0.40305.0

User is administrator, according to Belarc Advisor
Default User 4/11/2014 9:54:38 AM (admin)

I have ran Windows Updates, and checked for optional installs. Nothing appears (.net 4 did appear previously and I had already ran it. No 4.5 showing up. Does 4.5 run on Win XP 32bit?)

Reinstalled ESI System Administrator - The error window appears as soon as I click "New Site" .... doesnt give me the option of naming new site, I get the pop error immediately. Here is details from error window:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Clicking details reveals the following:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Esi.View.Browser.Find(String name, Browsable browsable)
at Esi.View.Browser.CreateNewSite()
at Esi.View.Explorer.newToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3655 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EsiMain
Assembly Version: 1.2.14.27
Win32 Version: 1.2.14.27
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiMain.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3645 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3644 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3644 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MessageBoxExLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/MessageBoxExLib.DLL
EsiControllerLibrary
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiControllerLibrary.DLL
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3654 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3654 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
EsiViewLibrary
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiViewLibrary.DLL
EsiCommon
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiCommon.DLL
EsiModelLibrary
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiModelLibrary.DLL
EsiCommunicationLibrary
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/EsiCommunicationLibrary.DLL
Interop.ESITAPILib
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/ESI/ESI%20System%20Administrator/Interop.ESITAPILib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

At a loss here, any suggestions??

Not sure. I just dealt with this today with one of my tech pc's. I followed the exact steps that I laid out above, and it came up fine for me. (Except we run system programmer not admin programmer) Only thing I can suggest is try again with my steps (not saying rcaman's steps is not correct) but this is what I do to make it work. Make sure you delete the c:\program files\esi folder entirely. Let us know. Thanks.

You are definately running a 32 bit version of XP. SP3 is for the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version only had SP2.

So, with that confirmed, Click Here and make sure DEP is ALWAYS turned off.

The JIT error is related to .NetFramework. If you have done all the MS updates, your .NetFramework should be at 4.5. Because it is not, I think you may have a corrupted .NetFramework load. Click Here for the MS .NetFramework 4.5 that should load a clean version of .NetFramework 4.5.

With DEP turned off and .NetFramework up to date, the application should run without problems.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Hello SDMacTech-

I was also having the same error as you. I worked on it for about 4 days and finally figured it out. I tried to install the System Admin on three different PC's. First was Win 7 Home Prem, second was XP sp3 x86, and the last one was a Win 7 Pro x64 that I am going to use together with a Linux system running as a PBX server. After getting very mad , I finally came across your original post and RegisMT's response. RegisMT was correct on his steps, but I found a few more things to delete. Here is what worked for me :

1. Uninstall ESI System Administrator form PC (add remove programs on XP )

2. after uninstall is finished, delete the following files :

C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Roaming\ESI

C:\ProgramData\ESI

C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files (x86)\ESI

3. After deleting the "ESI" files above, reinstall the .27 version and run as admin.

I left the connection name as "New Site" and entered all my information in the correct tab (general, connection, etc.)

I also found a small HKey in the Registry , but don't think it would be worth the trouble to explain or take out.

Good Luck with the reinstall !!

There is also one more step after completely uninstalling System Administrator. Have the company that sold you the system come back and install System Programmer on that computer. Then install the System Administrator and then uninstall the System Programmer. We have found that the System Programmer installs some files that System Administrator does not but when installing the System Administrator over a System Programmer and then deleting the System Programmer, System Administrator will function properly.

Also, run, from a command prompt the following in administrator mode: BCDEDIT.EXE/SET NX alwaysoff

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
just to add to this, the new .27 version of system programmer is very Unstable...meaning , sometimes it works, and sometimes, you will still get the pop up unhandeled error. ( I'm being told esi is aware )...

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024