web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#570516 04/19/14 06:25 PM
John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
After many years of dealing with Nortel and Samsung it looks like I'll be back in the Toshiba arena. I started on the Strata III dealt with the VI and e series. Had fun with the Perception, familiar with the 280 and 424. What can I expect to be different? Currently doing the CIX course online going to the Edge on line. Any advice?
Thanks,
John

John 807
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

John807 #570544 04/20/14 03:57 PM
I think I have worked on an old Strata VI (I think) once with manual in hand.

Unlike those other systems, about 99% of CIX programing and 100% of IPEdge programing will be done on a PC. I can do a little bit of programing though the phone on a CIX. It comes in handy when you just have to assign a button, or when your laptop if giving you problems (or you forget it at the office).

I think anyone that installs or maintains a new Toshiba system, either CIX or IPEdge, should have at least a basic understanding of data networking, IP addressing, sub-netting, etc. Many simple Toshiba CIX systems way not be attached to the customers network right away, but there may be a time when the customer want an IPEdge voicemail (just like the phone system but only licensed for voicemail)with unified messaging, or possibly a remote IP phone so employees can use a phone at home. Plus SIP trunking is starting to become popular.

IPEdge was requiring a networking cert, but it looks like they have a test on the Toshiba training site now. Even though I had a CTP, I went online and got an Adtran cert as well. They offered a free online course that counted towards the Toshiba TSTE.

John807 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the response. I've done networking and set up IP sets on other systems, that stuff seems pretty straight forward. I have the Adtran ATSA Cert. I hope that counts.
John

John 807
John807 #570562 04/21/14 01:45 AM
Originally Posted by John807
Thanks for the response. I've done networking and set up IP sets on other systems, that stuff seems pretty straight forward. I have the Adtran ATSA Cert. I hope that counts.
John

When I took the IPEdge test I do remember the Adtran ATSA was an accepted cert.

For me it seems like the basic difference between the older DK and Nortel systems and the CIX is the way the CIX processes an incoming line calls. With the other systems you program extensions to ring and then the voicemail(or voiemail hunt group) to answer on a delay. With the CIX it seems like a push system, where you send the call an extension or multiple call group, and then the call forwards to voicemail.

In the CIX I like to use a multiple call group to handle the call. There I would have a table of all the phones that are supposed to ring, and then I can send the call to voicemail, and even designate a specific voicemail box to answer. There are a few minor quirks with MCG, but this is how I program most systems.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024