web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#570688 04/23/14 12:12 AM
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
i have a label machine that works fine for id on jacks but sometimes i see them on network cables. when i try to put mine on network cables they dont stay put. do i need special tape. dave

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you using one of the Brothers P-touch label printers?

If yes, the labels are laminated and don't like to stay wrapped around cables for long. They are also made of a stiff vinyl material unless you buy the flexible type and those tend to stay on better.

The other label printers like the Dynamo Rhino Series are design for doing labels for cabling and the cartridges of label tape are made of several different type of materials, most of which are meant to be wrapped around cables

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
I also was looking for a label to wrap around cables a few months ago. Carl got me straightened out in this thread:
Cable Labels

For a Brother printer, use the FX labels. A 3/4 or 1 inch FX tape will wrap the long way on a cable and won't come loose.

Jim

That's a locked link you provided.

I love my Brother P-Touch labeler, but it's not meant to be used as a cable labeler. You can do it and using the P-Touch Editor software helps, but there is nothing like a labeler that is designed with cables in mind and all you have to do is press the key for the format you want and type in the information or use it's PC software that will let you create and preload all of your labels in the printer and print them out when you need them.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
davetel Offline OP
OP Offline
mine is dymo. i think i need to get the brother ptouch. thanks for all the direction. dave

Check out the Dymo Rhino series.

I just bought the Rhino 6000 to compliment my P-Touch 2610 and it's made the last three job labeling cable a walk in the park.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
We use the Dymo Label Manager 450. I looked, closely, at the Rhino and I talked with a wiring contractor who had a Rhino and was upset at the waste per label and the cost per label. He encouraged me to try the 450 and I am so happy I went in that direction. It can connect to your computer and load a label template as well as horizontal and vertical positioning. It can be run off battery or power supply. It has a full QWERTY keyboard and accepts label stock from 1/4" up to 1". The only complaint I have is the labels stick too well. Don't try and peel it off a cable and then think you'll reapply it. Just make a new one.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
I have the Rhino 6000 which does everything you mentioned except for the qwerty keyboard.

I see less waste with my Rhino than I do with my P-touch and as to the cost of tape, they are about the same except the Rhino has a larger selection for cabling.

Your Dymo Labelmaker 450 is almost the same as my Brother P-Touch 2610 and I experience lots of tape waste with it when used as stand alone. Once connected to my laptop, I can control the tape waste much better.

It basically comes down to what you like and don't like. I like my Brother and it has served me well over the years and still does. I also like my new Rhino and the ease it has brought to my cabling work.

Personally I like having both as each has it's own area that it works better in.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gary S., Toner), 138 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024