web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#570970 04/29/14 08:04 AM
OP Offline
I have vertical SBX-IP 4.0 with voice mail and Comcast lines.Customer gets voice mail, when you retrieve it says you have new message but there is dead air. the caller id is displayed and time and date but no message. it is sporadic but has happened on several other extension System is only 2 weeks old. Any ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Sure, it could be a hangup, a message with no sound, just delete it. Also make sure everyone has recorded a personal greeting so callers know they have the person they are trying to reach.

The worst thing it could be is a disconnect problem. This sometimes happens with cable providers...disconnect supervision is not working as it should, caller hangs up when they hear a greeting, they don't want to leave a message but the system does not disconnect the line so records a lot of nothing.

Last edited by Derrick; 04/30/14 08:18 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I thought that to, but the customer said several of them confirmed they did leave a message. i have the customer saving them and will call the caller from the caller id record and verify they did leave a message . i have called in on all line it works fine for me . will keep trying thanks

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
Where are the messages going? Do you have an AA with options or does the caller go into a general MB? Do some trouble shooting. Call about 10 times--calling different lines to see where you're ending up--then see what happens.

Have you called whoever put in the system?. Being only two weeks old there may be some "tweaking" that has to be done. Is this a brand new SBX or is this a used system?? Arew the Comcast lines new?? You may want to check to make sure that you DON'T have subscription voice mail on the lines.....or is that what you have?? Check this out to make sure.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I don't think this is a Comcast telco voice mail issue, the system is saying that there are messages. So I go back to my idea that there is a dead message recorded ahead of a good one. You would be surprised what kind of freaky message can be left sometimes when people bob around inside the system. I once had a message that said "please enter password" the user kept entering the password until I told them to delete the message.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Originally Posted by Derrick
I once had a message that said "please enter password" the user kept entering the password until I told them to delete the message.

I don't want to get off topic...but that's hilarious!! I'm thinking ---if that was a greeting in a VM box. Crazy!!

Last edited by JWRacedog; 05/02/14 02:37 PM.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 143 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024