web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#571338 05/06/14 04:27 PM
nitel Offline OP
OP Offline
I am having an issue with an MICS that I can't figure out. The site has a PRI. An extension is placed on forward with an external number entered as the destination (9 - 1 - areacode- number) Calls to that extension's DID are getting forwarded out, but the caller id from the originating caller is not getting passed. The caller id showing up at the receiving telephone is the main phone number for the office that has the MICS. How can I get the caller id to pass through to the forwarded phone.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
That is because when you forward the call it makes a new call going out on a different channel. As the PRI Provider it just sees a call going out from the MICS and sends the Caller ID of the MICS just like any call going out. You can just make it so that NO caller ID goes out, but I do not think you will be able to resend the incoming caller ID.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
nitel Offline OP
OP Offline
Some extensions pass the originating caller id through, but 2 extensions are only passing MICS Main number. It seems odd that it works fine for all extensions except for 2.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Well if that is the case, check differences to the two sets - the one that does and the one that doesn't. I would start with the OLI# for each set.

nitel Offline OP
OP Offline
I have done that, but I cannot find any differences. Would it be in Extension or Line programming?

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
OLI# is in the station programming - Line Access

I had something similar, years ago, can't remember what exactly. I tried every setting I could think of to no avail.

I ended up using station copy of a good station to the dodgy one & then changed the name & line settings etc back and everything worked perfectly. It must have been corrupted & copying the information reset it.

Hope this makes sense, I believe you NA's use sets/extensions, while down under we use stations.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 158 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024