web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#572022 05/21/14 01:54 PM
DJBlake Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a weird issue I've never seen before. First off, I am not a phone system guy. I have worked on some LG Ericson and Vodavi systems, but by no means am I an expert. I will not be performing any suggestions about my problem, but passing them on to a more qualified person. Having said that, I am an intercom guy and deal with Rauland, Valcom, Dukane and Bogen systems on a daily basis. Anyways, here's the problem.
Not too long ago, phone systems started getting upgraded around here (school system). Normally, to access the paging system, the user would hit "page" and would get the dial tone from the intercom, and dial #01* for instance, to make a zone page. Now, after these upgrades, they get the dial tone but it seems its not getting the #. Sometimes, after waiting 5 seconds or so it will work fine. Sometimes dialing ##01* will work. I can connect my butt-set directly to the paging system all day long with no issues, and since its only an issue with schools that have upgraded their phone systems all clues point that direction.

Any clues?
Intercoms being affected are Rauland Telecenter ICS and Telecenter V

The phone system is a Nortel Mg1000, I think.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you using a TRUNK port from the phone system to connect to the Rauland? It probably isn't recognizing the DTMF from time to time. Maybe the volume is to low or if the Nortel is a IP system it is injected white noise and interfering with it.
Just throwing some ideas at ya.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Phone system issue. Let there phone vender deal with it.

Originally Posted by hitechcomm
Phone system issue. Let there phone vender deal with it.
Seconded!

The new phone system is not programed to correctly work with your paging system.

Call the phone company back out and tell them to fix it, but be prepared to supply the codes they will need.

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
While I agree that this is an issue that needs to be addressed by the the vendor of the phone system, it is important to remember that many systems (at least the ones that I work with lately) don't arbitrarily pass * or # in the outward dialing string on an outbound trunk call.

Your mention that it works fine after a five-second timeout pretty much sums this up. Most phone systems allow for CO line ports (trunks) to be configured to ignore standard dialing patterns for this reason. Have them see if they can configure this (these) trunk(s) to be unconditioned.

You might want to double-check the make/model of the phone systems involved here. I don't think that there's anything newly-manufactured with the Nortel brand name out there.

This sounds like more of an issue with the Vertical MBX that Stafford County is buying now.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Admin
Admin
The Nortel needs to have timers tweaked. The End of Dial and end to end signalling timers particularly. The # sign initiates EES.

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 108 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024