web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#571886 05/19/14 09:25 AM
Rodava Offline OP
OP Offline
I was wondering what the latest and greatest opinions are on this board about doing SIP on the XTS? I've read most if not all of the posts on this subject dating back to 2010. I'll hopefully be moving this customer to an MBX one day, but right now they don't want to spend the money. I'll be upgrading them to 4.1 on an iss5 rev1.9 MPB1. At this point, is it mostly an issue of getting things fine-tuned with the providers, or are there still bugs in the XTS software? And does a VOIPE card work better than a LANB or vice versa? Any thoughts you guys have would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Rodava #572130 05/23/14 09:43 AM
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
I haven't seen any difference in the boards except for the capacity. the 12/24 port boards are harder to find though so try using the original 2-8 port ones if you can. Much easier to locate when you need to!

Perhaps Derrick could chime in regarding 4.0 or 4.1. I think there was something with 4.1 in a certain application that had a bug. From what I remember, 4.1 was primarily for Networking an XTS-IP with MBX.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Rodava #572136 05/23/14 11:31 AM
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Don't upgrade to 4.1...the only reason to do that is to network with an SBX or MBX. If that is not in your future than go with 4.0.
4.1 has a caller id bug...the id will not show until after you answer the call when networked with other XTS systems. I have one with 4.1 now and plan on downgrading it to 4.0.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Rodava #572295 05/28/14 01:15 AM
Rodava Offline OP
OP Offline
Guys, thanks for the info. I will install 4.0. I'm just happy no one has said "you're crazy for trying to do SIP on an XTS". I happened to talk to a tech at Target Dist today who has many XTS miles under his belt, and he didn't wave me off either. I have several VOIPE and LANB cards, and it sounds like neither has a disadvantage. This is my first SIP project, so I'm sure it will not be simple, but at least it's doable.

This forum is great, and I'm very grateful for all the info you guys provide. I hope to return the favor on some posts in the future.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 107 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024