web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#572394 05/29/14 06:59 PM
thagg Offline OP
OP Offline
CTX 28 does not have Lan interface to use Emanager and by going to each phone and hitting the mode switch does not give me the ability to access admin programming. I can get in system programming and go to programm 205-09 and get error. Probable having a brain fart because I have not worked on these systems for quite a while. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Depending on the release version, the system may not support changing the names through the phone, and I don't think it every worked in phone programming.

If the software is current enough, the only way to change the names through the phone is to enable an extension to be an administrator phone, Program 205-34 . Then you can follow the admin guide to change the names.

Also the name field is program 200--9

thagg Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you,I will give that a try.
I thought I might have had a brain fart, i can't remember if I tried 200-09 or not.

Thank you again.

I don't think the CTX 28 had the admin feature, connect your laptop to the analog port and use Emanager to connect like your connecting remotely

thagg Offline OP
OP Offline
That is what I need to do, programming from the phone is not working.
My customer wants to know if you can program a key so that when a call comes in they can hit this button and it goes directly into a mailbox. Can you do this with a one touch button?

They added the Admin option sometime in one of the version 2.22 builds. I don't' remember the exact version. It is very likely that if the CTX-28 has never been updated to a newer 2.22 build, then the admin function won't exist. I am pretty sure I tried editing the name using phone programing and that would not work either.

The CTX 28 never supported version higher then 2.22 (although I think a few were shipped with ver 3.0). They came out with the CIX40 that replaced the CTX28.

Steve's suggestion is the best one. The first CIX-28 I installed (at a previous company) did not have a LAN card because the company never ordered one. I did the entire install by phone programming.

Later I read (probability on this site) that you can use the built-in analog port and the built-in modem to connect eManager through a Laptop's modem connection.

As far as sending a call to a mailbox; that would be a voicemail transfer key. The dialed digits to transfer to voicemail is CNF/TRN #407 {EXT} #. You can make a one-touch with the keys CNF/TRN #407, then the user just needs to enter the mailbox number plus the # key. You can't forget the # key at the end. Very common error.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024