Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#572604 06/03/14 07:48 PM
Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been working and installing the 8100 since it came out, well I was approached for a Redundant Solution from a Phone Stand Point,
Scenario: System Crashes and is Hard Down and they have ITL32 Button Phones, the PRI is Auto Forwarded through the Provider to another site to get calls answered but the IP Phones on the Main site is trying to connect to that down 8100,
Is there away to get that phone to look at the "2nd,3rd and 4th "Server Address entrys that are in the phone, Ive set it up in a lab at the office but it doesnt work even using the same Subnet Scheme leaving any questions out about gateways and routes the IP Phone would have in it.
Netlink would not apply in this scenario,It would probably be a CCIS Setup but the Main Site went Hard Down and I need the IP Phones to Automatically look at a different site.
I have Searched High and Low throuhg the latest 9.5 Features and Spec, Networking Manaul and Every Cheat Sheet refrence related to the 700 series phones, even in the auto config files setup it does not talk about this.

Last edited by Ham; 06/03/14 07:49 PM. Reason: Typo

I am the Big Ham and I approve this message.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

So, you have this phone registered in 2 systems and you turn one off and the phone doesn't reset and look for the other server? Have you set this up in a lab?

Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I have 2 systems sitting next to each other with both systems addresses programed in the phone, kill the first system and watch the phone go through its boot process and never looks beyond the 1st one.
Basically we do not want the Customer to have to touch anything when it comes to the programing of the set.

Ok, have you put the SIP ext number in or have you left it blank? Have you switched the addresses to see if it authenticates to the other system?

Ham Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes sir, I have done both, it doesnt even come to the point of something like, duplicate ext, or missing parameter, ya know one of the errors that pops on the screen when we were not thinking smile.
It would be the same extension on both sites however it doesnt have to be, I know it doesnt make since , but im trying to this by the phone level.
Next week I will try it again with no extensions assigned and run wireshark and see if i see it trying to grab the next system.
Thanks

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 143 guests, and 237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024