web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
mavaks Offline OP
OP Offline
We have a toll free number that has been routed to a DID which routes to an extension. Any busy/no answer calls direct to the extension or the DID roll to the user's voice mail. Any calls to the toll-free number ring the that same extension but then bounce back to the auto-attendant, which is the default call forward path.

Is there a setting I'm missing or should I just have it re-routed to the primary line and route it like a DID using the last 4 digits? They do not conflict with any other DID programmed in the system.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Missing possible needed information lets start over with what model Toshiba system, How are you routing the toll free # to the DID, how are you routing the DID to a specific station number, and how do the two differ?
Also are you using DID trunks or possibly a PRI circuit?

mavaks Offline OP
OP Offline
CTX670

Toll free is routed at the CO directly to the DID

DID is routed using last 4 in Prog 309. DN is set in FB05, 06, 07, and 11. 08, 09, 10, 12, and 15 are blank.

PRI circuit

You'll need to program the DID to ring somewhere in FB05, 06, 07 and fill in FB 11 & 12.
Makes sure you've set them for dialing digits

Last edited by Toshiba Bob; 07/03/14 02:26 PM.
mavaks Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Those are already programmed and the DID to DN routing works. The Toll-free number also rings to the same DN. The only real issue is what happens when nobody answers. Calls to the DN or DID go to the correct voice mail box. Calls to the toll-free do not.

This is how it is programmed:
01 DID Number
02 1 Processor MOH Jack
03 0
04 0
05 Dialing Digits - DN Number
06 Dialing Digits - DN Number
07 Dialing Digits - DN Number
08 No Data - Blank
09 No Data - Blank
10 No Data - Blank
11 DN Number
12 Blank
15 Blank
16 1

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Are you sure the toll-free number is pointed to the DID no. in question? To be sure, change the target DN (FB 05-06) in prog 309 to something else. Then call the toll-free no. and see if it follows the change.

mavaks Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I supplied the DID number to the telco for the re-routing, so I am sure that is how it is routed. It was previously routed to a completely different number for a call center host.

I added a DID for the toll-free number already and routed it to the DN thinking maybe that would get it to roll over correctly to voice mail but it still goes immediately to the Auto-attendant when the line is busy.

If I just have them route it to the primary number on the PRI I should be able to route it to the DN as a DID using the last 4, correct? If so I will just call them back and have them change it.

Is the DN this DID is now pointed to an ACD Agent?

You can also check the previous DID the toll free number was pointed to, "Call Center Host" there might be something your not seeing.

Did you point the DID to another extension as previously asked by Phonemeister?

Have you called the DID number without dialing the toll free number?

Just feel there is something your not sharing.

Last edited by Toshiba Bob; 07/09/14 03:04 PM.
mavaks Offline OP
OP Offline
No it is not an ACD Agent. The DN is a 20-key DKT phone that has been in use by that person for quite some time.

The call center host was not on this system - it was an Oracle hosted call center application, so our toll-free was being routed to a number they had provided to us. That service has been removed, which is why the toll-free is now being routed back to this system.

I just now changed the DID to a different DN. Exact same behavior. Calling DID rings the new DN. If the station is busy it goes to the voice mail of the new DN. If calling the toll-free, it rings to the new DN. If the station is busy, it goes to the auto-attendant.

Yes, calling the DID directly works perfectly. It's only when dialing the toll-free that it does not go to voice mail when the station assigned to that DID is busy.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
In prog 309, put the target DN in FB12 and see if that works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024