web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#57425 08/03/07 09:52 AM
OP Offline
I'm trying to see if I can automate a process we are doing manually now. We are an insurance agency and now when customers call for a quote they speak with the receptionist and she looks at a list we have. An Example of this list is Monday: person A, Person B, Person C, Tuesday: Person B, Person C, Person A, etc. So each day it rotates and everyone gets one call in quote before you go back to the top of the list for that day.

I'm looking to see if i can create a hunt group to only ring the person who's turn it is. And the next time a caller called for a quote it would ring only ring the next person on the list.

Is this something doable with Db programming and Hunt Groups? Or am i out of my league here?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#57426 08/03/07 02:56 PM
RCA Offline
In the 'Members' section of the Hunt Group, add stations in the order you want the calls to rotate. So the top of your list would be the first choice on down. The 'No Answer Advance' timer controls how long it rings that station before going to the next station in your list. The next day change your list order in the hunt group.

When you look at the 'Members' area and see an entry of P0001 or similar, thats a group of phones that will all ring at once. Take that out and put stations in one by one in the order you want them to ring. There are other types of hunt groups but I think this might be the easiest way for you. When you do get to the hunt group section of programming, press F1 for help and do some reading.

Rhett
#57427 08/04/07 03:06 PM
You could also sit up however many Hunt Groups you need to do this with, and then if she has a DSS just label the keys Monday, Tuesday and so on, with you setting up the routing for each day of the week only once. If no DSS she will need to know the pilot number of the Hunt Group.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
#57428 08/06/07 02:14 AM
An even better way to do it would be to create your hunt group to be ACD if you are licensed for it and use Agent IDs. The agents will only get the calls if they are logged into the huntgroup. This is a beautiful setup and will address you issue perfectly.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
#57429 08/07/07 01:11 AM
OP Offline
Thank you for your responses. Nice to know I have a few options. I will try to implement the first option, in the case of the days if it will keep rotating through the stations and not reset every night then i dont' care about the order as it is the same people on each day just in a different order - this will actually work out better as everyone will get 1 call before someone else get's a 2nd.

We don't have Agent Licenses or i would use this. and the DSS option still relies on the receptionist while i am trying to remove it from her tasks.

Thanks for all input!

- Andy

#57430 08/10/07 04:12 AM
To remove it from her tasks you'll need to direct incoming calls to a CRA to give them options. If you really want to automate it, use a STAR application to route all calls to a CRA for each day that will route an option to proper Hunt Group for for that day. As an example, on Mondays, all calls go to CRA 2511 which has option 2 for Sales directed to HG 2001, which has the member order set for Monday. On Tuesdays, all calls go to CRA 2512 which has option 2 for Sales directed to HG 2002, which has the member order for Tuesday.

How automated do you want it to be?

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,456 Shoretel
188,312 CTX100 install
187,086 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (BobRobert), 168 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024