web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I know training can be expensive and want to cut down on the cost if at all possible. Do online manuals exist for free so I can get familliar with the commands for the Avaya IP500 and other models? Panasonic is also a well known key system for the Vancouver BC Region so, may want to consider training for those models as well.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
There aren't online manuals that exist that really tell you how to program an IP Office.

Those of us that install IP Office are authorized Avaya dealers and/or business partners and have taken the necessary training and tests required by Avaya. Yes, I didn't like shelling out $1500 to get one class, but that's how they run things. And it does protect our (Avaya BP) interests in the selling and servicing of the product.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
Z-man, how would you rate the difficulty of the classes? How long were the classes for? What was the ROI for the cost of the classes?

There aren't online manuals that exist that really tell you how to program an IP Office.
I've never seen any information about IPO programming and I'm not sure why. In the past AT&T, Lucent and Avaya made documentation available but now nothing. I can only suggest greed because it's just another way for them to make money. It's certainly not because they are protecting their dealers- anybody with a credit card can purchase an IPO, though I have no idea how they get it to work. I do know that one grey market supplier will give you a free instructional DVD on programming with the purchase of an IPO from them. How complete and in-depth it is I have no idea. Some grey market vendors also have classes.

All I can say is that the lack of documentation for the IPO was a MAJOR reason I decided not to sell it. I always like to check out a product before I decide to sell it and I'm certainly not going to shell out $1,500 just to see if I like it.

I'm not familiar with Panasonic but I have found manuals for the current equipment I was looking for on line.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Yeah, it's greed that keeps the knowledgebase going.....

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Hal, what are you selling now?

Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Moderator-Avaya, Nortel
Originally Posted by surdel
Z-man, how would you rate the difficulty of the classes? How long were the classes for? What was the ROI for the cost of the classes?

The initial classes aren't that difficult. At the same time, they can't teach you everything. I myself have still had to use tech support and also lean on some of the more experienced IPO guys that live here. I think you learn stuff everyday on IPO.

As far as ROI...who knows. I will say I would not be in business right now had we not got back on the Avaya product line. We tried a another product once, almost buried us.

Z-man
Avaya SME Authorized Partner
www.omniofficetech.com
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
Yeah, it's greed that keeps the knowledgebase going.....

I don't think there is anybody there anymore that even knows what a manual is. But if they were to write one it would probably be about a foot thick with all the crap they have that thing doing. The Knowledgebase isn't any good for somebody looking for the basics or an overview of system programming.

I'm basically doing service for my existing customer base and considering winding down.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024