web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#574500 07/12/14 10:59 AM
OP Offline
We lost phones yesterday. I have IPitomy PBX set up and for some reason we have no phones, i have internet but no phones. I hooked up to my PBX box with a monitor and keyboard and looked at the Network set up on the box and everything there is fine. However it is losing communication between the actual PBX Box and the online PBX system since I can not even Ping the IP address. Can anyone please help me? I am in pure panic mode!

Thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I take it this is a hosted system with an onsite gateway? The Ip you are trying to ping, is it an internal ip or remote ip? It could be the hosting facility is offline to your gateway.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Admin
Admin
IPitomy is headquartered in Sarasota....should be easy to get tech support. Have you given them a call?

[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I have given them a call, but unfortunately no help since they are closed and when i did get to speak with someone, they told me they only work with licensed dealers and phone technicians.

I have gotten the system to where i can dial out, but still can not receive calls. I have double checked all Ip, Gateway, DNS codes and so forth and everything matches, so i am not understanding where the block is.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by littfrgrl
I have given them a call, but unfortunately no help since they are closed and when i did get to speak with someone, they told me they only work with licensed dealers and phone technicians.

I have gotten the system to where i can dial out, but still can not receive calls. I have double checked all Ip, Gateway, DNS codes and so forth and everything matches, so i am not understanding where the block is.

Who installed it?? Call them for support.

OP Offline
I did, and since the system is no longer under warranty they told me to call Ipitomy. I am getting no where. Can anyone recommend a good IT company that could help?

Admin
Admin
That's strange...if it is out of warranty then the installing dealer gets to charge time and materials rates. On weekends that pretty good change to be turning down. Did you have a bad relationship with the installing vendor? Your only choice may be to wait until Monday and ask for another IPitomy dealer in your area.

Of course a Google search of IPitomy dealers in Florida returns quite a few hits.

[Linked Image]
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by littfrgrl
I did, and since the system is no longer under warranty they told me to call Ipitomy. I am getting no where. Can anyone recommend a good IT company that could help?

Why would you possibly want to call an IT company to fix a phone issue?? You need to call an Ipitomy dealer that has been trained on the system and has access to their support.

Something is obviously fishy here.

No dealer turns down work due to the warranty expiring because all warranties expire at some point. I know an Ipitomy channel manager and can find you a referral to a dealer if you would like.

Last edited by upstateny; 07/12/14 04:45 PM.
I know nothing about IPitomy. My questions are purely academic.

1. You answered, when asked who installed the system, that you installed the system. If you installed the system, did you not have the manuals and software program for installation and troubleshooting as well?

2. You stated that "They" told you the system is out of warranty and you need to contact IPitomy. Who are "They?"

3. There is a boat load of IPitomy dealers listed in the Sarasota and surrounding cities in Florida. Have you contacted ANY of the IPitomy dealers?

4. Finally, you stated that you are able to make outgoing calls. Do you have any programs that can monitor network activity that will allow you to see the progress of the call set-up and any errors that would prevent incoming call completion?

I agree with John....."Sum Ting Wong," the Asian airline pilot, is lurking in the shadows here.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Call ipitomy 1st thing Monday and get a dealer out there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 111 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024