web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
DB Programming crashes whenever I try to open System/Devices/Trunks. I'm running version 9.1.

I've included the error information. This page won't allow me to list the error report :bang:

Here is the detail I have.
AppName: dbstudio.exe
AppVer: 1.6.3.0
ModVer: 0.0.0.0
Offset: 001cfead

The file in question appears to be axxess.dll. I had this problem before. Since I was having other issues with my PC, I set up a newer PC for myself. Everything seemed fine after installing DB Programming on the new system. Then it suddenly started crashing again. I deleted and reinstalled the app, but the problem persists.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would to a back up then power down the system and give it a try again.
It might also be some DB corruption, but I would try the above first.

Devin
OP Offline
I'm coming in at 3am to do an upgrade to the VM software. Maybe that will help.

RCA Offline
DB Programming crashes whenever I try to open System/Devices/Trunks. I'm running version 9.1.
Does it crash when you view a saved database offline? Do you have the Database repair utility?

Rhett
If the DB repair utility doesn't work, keep in mind that it could be a Windows problem. You might try loading on a different machine.

Dont rule out re-installing the DB programming, it is easy and might fix your problem.

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
OP Offline
Excellent ideas. That's why I've done them, except the DB repair. I'm on a new machine (it worked last week)and I've deleted and reinstalled DB programming. To no avail. DB Programming works fine on VPU (running W2K Pro) and Vista (believe it or not). So that makes me believe the database is fine. I can't even blame the PC maker. My prior machine was a Dell and this machine is an HP. I have developed the same problem on both machines.

RCA Offline
For the heck of it, have you checked the error logs to see if it generates any errors when it kicks you out?

I guess you tried an offline saved database and getting the same results? Use the Repair utility on the saved database first and see if it gives you any trouble after. If it checks out good then you may have your answer.

Rhett
OP Offline
I performed a DB Test. There were a few minor errors unrelated to the trunks. They were repaired, but the application still crashes when attempting to open Trunk information.

Here is the error message in the Event Log.
Faulting application dbstudio.exe, version 1.6.3.0 faulting module axxess.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x001 cfead.

OP Offline
Just for grins and giggles, I uninstalled the program. I verified that the file in Program Files was gone. Did a search for Axxess.dll which turned up nothing. Rebooted and reinstalled the program. It still crashes. There must be information stored in the registry. When I started the program, the IP address and version number were still listed. I'm not a fan of messing around with the registry. I suppose I could get a copy of axxess.dll and replace it, but I doubt that would fix the issue. Has anyone run into a Windows Update that is wreaking havoc on XP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Touch Tone Tommy), 73 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024