Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#576235 08/21/14 01:55 PM
RShea Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a TVA50 that the system is showing 88% of storage used. I ran the report to see if there was a VM hoarder that is not deleting messages. I also the day before I did the report I deleted a mailbox of a user no longer around.

The deleted mailbox is still showing on the report. Does a power cycling of the TVA50 or something else that I missed need to be checked if in fact the box was not deleted?

I also need to check to see if the deleted messages retention had a length setting- is that only 1 day and then no other setting that could be holding deleted messages longer. (I had to research that as to where it was in the programming manual and found only the Saved Message the 2.2.1 is the Saved Message Retention) - I believe saved is set for the default, and if it is 30 days, discuss reducing this down or else recommend they get the KX-TVA524 expansion card if that is not wanted as a way of increasing the free storage.

1 question on the Mailbox usage Report- is the deleted messages are listed (going back to the initial install for some of the users to 2008 when first installed and programmed). These should not be taking up any storage if they are past 1 day, correct?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can change the message retention times for both new and old messages. When you downloaded the report did you clear it? If not then the old info will be there on the next download.

Tele-Net Technologies
Certified Panasonic dealer
RShea Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply. My one question was if there was anything other than 1 day for holding deleted messages for retrieval. I revisited the system settings over the weekend. The mailbox is gone and I started by verifying the settings of the Class of Service being used for the retention. I adjusted the settings for the saved message retention time (somehow that was at unlimited) and also the New message retention. I also compared the full backup and looked at the file sizes. The issue definitely seems to be the user that is also tied to the "General" Maibox. If I call into that extension, it plays the custom greeting and then reports the mailbox is full. I verified the report one more time also. The General mailbox is ext 120. The covering mailbox for it is pointing to mailbox 103. Mailbox 103 is the largest size in the backup (confirming the issue.) The report shows only a few messages for the mailbox 103....

So have to get to the bottom of this and see if the user is in fact checking the general mailbox and if she is, is she deleting the messages or forwarding them to the users, or what.

Feature 2.3.17 Mailbox Capacity Warning now is another setting that I need to investigate and determine what is best for there setting and needs.

Last edited by RShea; 08/23/14 07:45 PM.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,303 CTX100 install
187,082 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 167 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024