web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have an Inter-Tel system and for some reasons, whenever you dial a number fast or even do a redial, the call won't go through, you have to try several times or dial slower. Any ideas?. I know there's a setting on the phone system for dialling out rules but I don't know exactly where to go because I'm not really familiar with inter-Tel. Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What type of trunk lines?

OP Offline
Analog trunk lines coming out of an Integrated Voice and Data (IVAD) T1 channel bank.

RCA Offline
How do you access an outside line? Do you press the OUTGOING button, and if so what is it programmed for? Do you press a direct trunk button where you hear the dialtone first then dial? If the trunks are analog comming into the switch, why not put your Test Set on the trunk and monitor the call process?

Rhett
OP Offline
I access an outside line by pressing the OUTGOING button or by dially 8. I have tested the analog line with a butt-set and the lines are all fine. I could dial out from them without any problem but as soon as I try to dial from a phone, I have a problem. Sometimes you have to dial slow for it to recognize the number.

RCA Offline
OK let me try this again. What is the OUTGOING button and or 8 programmed to access? Have you used your test set to monitor the call process, meaning, listen to the trunk as the phone is trying to dial out?

Rhett
OP Offline
The OUTGOING button and 8 are programmed to access a trunk line, which mean when I press the outgoing button I get a dial tone, then I dial the number I want to call. I haven't used a test set to monitor call process, all i did was to make test calls directly from the trunk lines on the D-Marc to make sure the problem is not coming from the lines itself.

Those channel banks are a headache more times than not. It obviously cannot handle/understand the dtmf digits at the speed that the system is pulsing them out. There are timers under system timers that dictate dtmf parameters that will likely need to be tweaked. There are a ton of timers, use them with caution and diligence, unfortunately it will be a trial and error type scenario. Adjust...test; adjust...test...(repeat as needed) smile

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
OP Offline
Thanks Chris

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024