web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I have a Samsung officeserv 7400 and same thing, NO MGI CHANNELS. WORKS FINE FOR HOURS, SOMETIMES DAYS, THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN NO MGI CHANNELS. what IN THE WORLD CAUSES THIS? anyone HAVE ANY LUCK RESOLVING IT?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
I've had a dodgy patch lead cause that issue. Also when connected to a 10mb switch port will cause it.

also need to check some device which might have the same static IP address as that on the MGI card. I almost lost a client who had installed wireless devices with static IP address similar to MGI's.

heads up
OK need some help related to this thread, I have a remote client office that has the Officeserv 5121D and a few days ago it just displays 'No MGI Channels' when attempting to make calls. I have little experience with systems but have been tasks with this. In most basic terms, what does this error mean and what should I try to attempt to resolve this? Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
An MGI channel is used to go from VoIP (the handset in this case), to non-VoIP (likely your lines and/or non-voip (Digital and SLT Handsets)).

The OAS/MGI card talks to the processor card via the network.

You will need to check the error logs and see if there are any errors reported there around the time this issue started.

Ports may be tied up for BGM as the 7100 comes default with BGM enabled on ITP phones and if there is no BGM/MOH source the user never knows that they have BGM enabled on the phone which ties up an MGI channel.

Bobby Mreen
Communications Technician
Thanks guys for the help thusfar, I've check out a few other things but one of my biggest problems is the office is in Texas and I'm in ATL, they inherited the phones from another vendor and no one knows anything about it. I did have a person onsite take pictures of the phone closet and they have an officeserv 7030 that appears to be connected to a Cbeyond device so I have ascertained they are using VOIP phones in the office but have analog service through Cbeyond (they confirmed the circuits were functioning with no errors). So I assuming the issue is in the 7030 but don't know how to proceed from here. I can remote access their network but have no idea how to login to the 7030 at this point. Any help is great! thanks guys!

Are they analog lines or are they SIP lines? I know Cbeyond is a Sip provider. If that is the case, then if other people are on the phone and depending on how many licenses there are for MGI they could be tied up. For example, they have 4 mgi licenses for 4 sip trunks. If 4 people are on the phone, then yes no mgi channels are available to be accessed cause they are all busy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024