web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello

Well we have a customer that's MWI lights are no longer working on any station....

Alittle back ground we HAD a MAC order to add an auto attendent so we changed the greetings on port's 155,156,157,158 not sure if this caused the problem...

We have re-set the MMI lights for mailbox no change....

A weird little fact when a user logs into the voicemail box it will light the light but will not send MWI for new messages without them logging in....

I have logged in the flash with the IN-SKINS admin and can see what looks like the voicemail trying to send MWI on port 9 not sure if that helps

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY THOUGHTS

Last edited by executone_ids; 11/12/14 10:40 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Your post has me a bit confused. Is this a hard drive voice mail or a flash based voice mail?

If it is a hard drive vm make sure that the message waiting in COS, the same COS assigned to the box, is set for ON:Every Message not First Message.
The flash based doesn't have any message waiting options...I think resetting the card should fix this issue.

Question, why change the greeting for only four ports? Depending on the which voice mail you have..it is either 8 or 12 ports. Not very effective to use only four when the hard drive ports can play multiple greetings using virtual extensions forwarded to a menu. The flash not so much. If the flash mail needs to play multiple greetings, like for two companies splitting the ports is the only way to do it.

Last edited by Derrick; 11/13/14 10:09 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
The topic does say "in-skin hard drive" so I would think it is safe to assume the new OP needs this specific info.

Welcome aboard, executone_ids! welcome

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by MnDave
The topic does say "in-skin hard drive" so I would think it is safe to assume the new OP needs this specific info.

Welcome aboard, executone_ids! welcome

There was a mention of logging into the flash, but then Inskin Admin should have given me a second clue as the title provided the first. Sometimes I can be a bit dense.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

OP Offline
Yes this is a HD in skin voicemail card... I've tried to reset the card.... The ports were split up because there are two companies i guess to maximize the ports i could of used a virtual extension.... Do you think splitting up the ports would have caused this? As for COS I'm not sure how it would of gotten changed but i can check that out....

Any other thoughts?

OP Offline
Thanks Dave long time telcom tech just new to this board...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Well, the first rule (mine) of troubleshooting is to ask a simple question: "Has there been any changes since the last time it worked correctly?"

So to answer your question..if you split the ports into two voice mail groups, 440 and 441 or something like that, yes it could cause this to happen. If you split the ports into two hunt groups like 450 and 451 I don't think so.

I suggest you put the ports back into one group, set the second company to ring to a virtual extension forwarded to voice mail and that subscriber voice mailbox/extension set to forward to a menu.

Derrick.

I too want to welcome you to the forum..It is nice to have some new input around here.

Last edited by Derrick; 11/14/14 09:13 AM.

www.myrandomviews

OP Offline
Thanks Derrick

I didn't do anything with the voice mail groups i split the ports to different hunt groups 450 and 451 and set the co line ringing assignment to the appropriate hunt for that company.... But i agree with you it seems odd that since this was split up and now the MWI stops ... We have a an appointment there Monday i will let you know the outcome...

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,529 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Soulece), 113 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024