Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#580977 11/20/14 06:04 PM
hacky Offline OP
OP Offline
The SBX has stumped me once again . I have a VoiB with GS88H-3.0Aa and would like to upgrade it to GS88H23Ca. I have read the Vertical tech tip and read the procedure in the Installation manual, and spoke to Darren at HEBUsa, who is great to work with. The tech tip says, make the site a trusted site and visit the webpage, and send the file. The installation manual says, Connect to the "serial port" of the voib, delete the existing rom and verify enough free space on flash, then go to the webpage, and send the file. Darren's instructions followed the tech tip perfectly. Since I have neither a wave solder machine, or a chip-placement robot, or a JTAG kit with the correct pinouts, I was very happy to see Tech Tip not mention the serial port step and Darren confirmed also not to do that step. Despite making the site trusted, trying Internet Explorer 6,8,10, and 11, then Firefox, then Chrome, all I know is the upgrade will not work, and that the documentation is inconsistent. Documentation-wise, I tend to believe the Tech Tips far more than the original installation manual.

The page always says "File Upgrade Fail !!". Has anyone successfully upgraded one of these things?

Hackbarth Communications, L.L.C. - Serving South Central Wisconsin's Telecom Needs
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have but it has been a while. I will check my notes in the office Friday and see if any tricks.

Jim Hoey

SST Communications
597 West Montauk Highway
Lindenhurst, New York 11757

631 956-0100

www.sstcom.com

Business telephone systems on Long Island and New York City like Comdial, Vertical, Avaya, Panasonic
CMM Offline
Did you confirm that the GS88H23Ca is actually an upgrade to the 3.0Ad? Numerically speaking, I would assume that it would be an older version. According to the Vertical FTP, the 3.0Ad was released in December of 2013.

It sounds like the upgrade page is functioning fine, normally it would generate a 'cannot display this page' if there was a trust issue.

If you had to clear out the flash memory on the VOIB card, I would imagine that this would be done from the diagnostic utility vs. a serial port. I may have had to do this once in my travels before, but I don't have any notes to refer to. Hopefully Jim can you help you out there. Or you can try your hand at the Vertical queue and hope to get Toni.

Chris
NECOM Solutions powered by Internet and Telephone, LLC
Comdial, Vertical, NEC DSX/SL1100, Avaya IP Office

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,865
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,618 CTX100 install
187,862 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
1 members (SSPhone), 126 guests, and 261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024