web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Older Tadiran Coral systems if you want true Bellcore standard ANALOG lines. Thinking an older Coral II with an RPS generator and 16SH cards. Haven't seen any systems lately that come close. But, not a system for the untrained. Hell, you can even get magneto cards for crank field phones.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Legend/Magix, 4 digit is the maximum number of digits for the numbering plan. The "Set Up Space" numbering plan starts the extensions at 7100, and you can renumber them from there, to anything you want, mixing single digit, 2, 3, and 4 digit numbering, as long as nothing overlaps.

njh621 Offline OP
OP Offline
There's a few Merlin/Magix systems on ebay, but a lot stuff is priced at $xxx+, which seemed a bit high given the lack of modules. ACS systems appear to be priced from $xxx+. (I might be a bit jaded given I paid $xx shipped for my TD1232.)

I did see a Meridian 1 for $69 shipped. It doesn't look like it has a processor module, but is loaded with the following:

- x1 NT8D09AK Analog Card
- x7 NT8D02GA Digital Cards
- x2 NT8D02EA Digital Cards
- x1 NTDK78AA Power Supply

Last edited by MooreTel; 11/23/14 08:27 AM. Reason: Pricing not permitted
Admin
Admin
Be careful if you buy an M1. Make sure the seller has both PASS1 and PASS2. Also make sure the SSC has the button battery dongle and the software flash card on board.

[Linked Image]
njh621 Offline OP
OP Offline
I presume PASS1 and PASS2 are system passwords, and the battery dongle has something to do with battery-backed RAM? Any idea what fair market value for any of the aforementioned systems is?

Last edited by njh621; 11/22/14 11:56 PM.
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Why not just buy a system from one of the guys here where you know you'll get tech support?

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
Admin
Admin
Originally Posted by njh621
Figured I'd poll the wisdom of the board on this.

I've currently got a Panasonic KX-TD1232, operating in a hobby configuration (e.g. no POTS connection). I'm using it to run several Bell System-era phones, including a 1A2 key system. The TD1232 is a nice device, but has a few "deal-breaking" limitations. The internal ring generator is fixed at 25Hz (not Bell standard), it won't accept 4-digit extensions, the intercom ring pattern is fixed, and a few other minor issues.

The question: is there a PBX available on the second hand market that has the following features, that anyone would recommend? I started looking at the Nortel Meridian 1 Option 11, which seems like a winner, but I can't find detailed information on the NT8D09AK analog card capabilities. The Nortel ring generators also appear to configurable in terms of ring voltage and frequency; this is a plus.

Desired features:
- Auto/"hotline" dialing for extensions
- 20Hz ring generator
- Pulse (rotary) dialing support
- Provisions for 4-digit extensions
- Computer programmable/configurable
- Support for 16 or more analog extensions
- Optional: paging support

While you cite the features of the Panasonic TD system, perhaps a little time with the manual would solve most of your problems.

A straight line ringer is designed to ring on frequencies from 16 2/3 to 33 1/3 Hz. Sure, Pana uses a 25 Hz ring generator, but any straight line ringer will ring on 25 hz.

In the programming manual for a TD, you might look at program 100, which sets the dial plan. It will let you implement 4 digit numbering for extensions, kinda redundant on a 64 extension board, but you can do it. Also, the ring cadence is adjustable. Since you don't have outside lines, just swap the extension ring with the trunk ring. Outside of the ring generator, all of the above specs are available on the TD.

Carl

Admin
Admin
Originally Posted by njh621
I presume PASS1 and PASS2 are system passwords, and the battery dongle has something to do with battery-backed RAM? Any idea what fair market value for any of the aforementioned systems is?

PASS1 and PASS2 are indeed the passwords. The battery dongle is actually a system ID dongle and the system will not come up without it. Price is dependent upon equipment included. I would expect to pay between $300-$500 for a good 0ne cabinet 10 slot cabinet with passwords.

[Linked Image]
Merlin Legend. Hands down. This is what I use for everything. The programming is so easy using the MLX-20L phone. The manuals are readily available for free from support.avaya.com.

You just need an 012 Basic Telephone Set card w/ Ring Gen.

Don't make the mistake I did and get the 016 without the ring generator, I made this oopsie once. Thankfully it only cost me around $25, so not a big loss.

The rotary dialing internal isn't converted to tones, so it's more authentic. It's only converted to tones when you dial out on a CO trunk, but since you won't be using those...

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
njh621 Offline OP
OP Offline
Carl: I could never get 4-digit extensions to work on my TD, even though the manuals say it's supported. The PC software would always complained when I tried. The manual also references the different ring cadences, but I didn't see anything about changing it. I posed both problems to the Panasonic sub-forum a few months ago, but not a lot materialized. To the credit of the TD1232, though, I love how easy it is to configure hotline dialing.

For the curious, this is where I'm going: a flexible automation system with a cool 1A2/Bell System interface. Whatever PBX I use will be connected to my Astlinux box through CO trunks. The Astlinux box will be connected to some USB circuitry I'm designing to run relays/sensors/power monitoring gear. Getting Asterisk to trigger the relays and all that is pretty simple (all hail the System() command!).

Example scenario: alarm goes off at 6AM, I take my nightstand 2564 off hook, dial the Astlinux box and dial a few digits, and a contactor closes and turns on my coffee maker.

Asterisk is really only there for two reasons: (1) C*NET/Google Voice, and (2) Flexible I/O interfacing. There were a lot of design choices behind the latter that I won't bore everyone with, but I'll happily explain to the curious.

Last edited by njh621; 11/24/14 12:33 AM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,372 Shoretel
189,055 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 74 guests, and 402 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024