Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I just printed out a work order for them... I had to make one from scratch, lol! I suppose it's time for me to make my own template anyways. Total came out to $246. I incorporated a small cost for my time, but I'm not charging for install as I won't be the one putting the phones on the wall anyway. Besides, it'd be ridiculous to charge for that in the first place. That's way better than a few G's for a brand new system that does way more than she needs! I'm going to see if I can get the old phones from her for parts.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
1. Remove faceplate with an unbent paperclip, used to release the metal clip at the center bottom of the faceplate.

2. Loosen two captive screws that hold the housing to the base. Sometimes those "captive" screws escape, so be careful not to drop them.

3. Loosen screws that hold the base to the wall.

4. Unplug cable.

Repeat in reverse order to re-install.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Thanks Arthur, those directions will be helpful for me to make a little guide for her when she gets the phones. I plan on getting my money up front tomorrow, then when I get back to Washington I am going to order, prepare, and ship the phones to her.

Tennessee Technology Solutions, LLC | "Business technology solutions reimagined." | (423) 665-9995 | www.423tech.com
OP Offline
Well, I guess I can confidently say that was my first repair and sales experience ever. I sold them a new Cortelco 2854 in a nice ash, just like the phone up front, but for the kitchen. I also set them up so they can still receive calls when the power goes out. I would've just wired the ringer leads for each phone directly to the CO T/R, but the wiring was so old I didn't want to cause more damage than I had tools to repair.

The co-owner (the nice lady's husband) was pretty savvy, so I showed him how to remove the Amphenol connector when the new wall set arrives.

Have to say, although it wasn't very difficult, I'm feeling pretty satisfied with myself. It was a great experience for me and the restaurant owners. They get to keep their reliable phones, save money, and I got to play with old phone stuff, help someone else, and make some money all at the same time. I can't think of anything more to ask!

Thanks all, as always, for your never-ending help and time.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Good for you!

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
I know how you feel. There was a time when the telephone repairman was an respected guy in the neighborhood, and was looked upon with trust and admiration.

That was also the era when being the repairman brought in not only a decent wage, but was a job that provided pride in one's workmanship, and that little warm feeling that one was helping, rather than hindering, like so many government bureaucratic jobs.

Sadly, those days are history.

Uncle Dinosaur

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
I'll try and keep that alive as much as I can. laugh

I believe a customer respects someone more who can repair their equipment than some one who tries to sell them a new system, most people just talk, and do not need all the bells & whistles , and that is why I still have customers who have equipment over 30 years

Great to see someone take a repair instead of sale

OP Offline
I made sure to applaud her for not giving into any high pressure salesmen. I asked her what she'd be quoted before–-she said a guy came in about five years ago (lol) and quoted her around $3,500 for a whole new system with TWO PHONES.

Two phones and a KSU for $3,500? Albeit I know some of that is labor, but I just bought a 4-line refurbished Avaya IP Office 406 system that came with 5 beautifully refurbished Definity phones for $349. To spend $3,500 for a system with only two phones is just ridiculous. I understand that there's a bottom line to stay in business, but that's just absurd. My two cents. I don't think I've spend $3,500 on my entire collection of phone systems. Right now I have about 6 different KSUs, and phones for every single one of them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,839 Shoretel
188,979 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 116 guests, and 177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024