web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
NSmith Offline OP
OP Offline
I have an IVX E-Class that I have been maintaining since I started with the business in 2012. Unit has one 684 and two 612 boards.

The installer died and the business that he bought the unit through doesn't sell or support ESI any longer. They claim they had to many problems with the systems they installed. ESI will not support me as I am an end user, not a reseller and I can't seem to get anyone to return my calls on offering help as we are well out of there support region for a system they didn't sell.

The problem that is most concerning is with voice mail and it is getting worse - The caller will start talking and will either hear a noise or they will be prompted to press a button to extend the recording. This will be a few seconds into the recording. Some voice mail boxes seem to be showing an issue where the message is simply cut off. Most other mail boxes seem to work fine.

I've tried changing the energy level, silense time and lengthening the message time (currently set to 10 minutes). No matter what change I make I can't seem to get the problem to go away or change. I am getting more mail boxes that are starting to exhibit this problem and fear one day I'm going to go in and none of the mail boxes will be working properly.

Any obvious recommendations? I'm starting to think this is simply buggy software that is finally getting really unstable as the system has aged. Rebooting the switch seems to be a regular task when it starts acting very badly but it has had no effect on the mailbox issues above.

Is there a way to clean the voice mailboxes on the card on the motherboard? This would assume the filesystem on the CF card is of a format that I can work with from a Windows or Linux box. I'm thinking if I can clean the mailbox system up that maybe it will start to be stable again.

Or is the best choice to do a system initialize, reload the configuration from the backup through ESI-Access and then re-record all of the AA and mailbox prompts?

Any suggestions or information regarding this would be appreciated.

Nathan

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SST Offline
The hard drive may be getting ready to crash or there may simply be some corruption of files. Contact esi, they will find you an esi dealer in your area.
ESI contact page.
Good luck.

NSmith Offline OP
OP Offline
SST: There is no hard drive in an IVX E-Class G2. There is only a CF card.

There are no ESI dealers in this area. As I stated, they are all far enough away that I believe this is why they will not return my calls. I would be happy if one would return my calls and simply answer my questions. I need a tech to answer the questions above so I can either fix the problem accelerate our plans for replacement.

Nathan

First thing to do would be to default the system and reprogram everything. If you experience the same problem, then you have a defective CF. It happens.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
NSmith Offline OP
OP Offline
From your experience, if the CF card is failing what are there risks in doing the initialize? Is it likely the system will fail to recover from backup? Since I can't get any returned phone calls for support I don't want to brick the system and then not be able to order a replacement CF card.

Nathan

When the CF begins to lose integrity, it only loses data in the affected area. In your case, where the voice mail messages are stored. The "operating system" is fairly well protected.

I have never had a CF brick the system. Hard drives....all the time. Restoring from a back-up can be problematic. Here's why:

1. If you do a back-up now, whatever corruption is on the CF will back-up and you will be reinstalling the corruption on the restore.

2. If the CF is actually bad, the restore will appear to have solved the problem for a week or two, then the problem will be back.

PM Sent

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,665 Shoretel
189,588 CTX100 install
187,848 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (hbiss), 152 guests, and 258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024