web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I've been trying for over two months trying to get the telco to update the E911 reporting address on a circuit. When I moved them from an ILEC to CLEC two years ago, it took two months for them to finally get it updated (and for the longest time a test call reported simply blank information to the operator.)

When they moved buildings in November, it took the telco a month to install a new circuit (even though they had three months notice) yet still had the old address (9 miles away) on the new circuit.

I'm tired of waiting on Frontier because they're too stupid to figure this out apparently. I have a large email paper trail showing the correspondence on this.

What government agency should I be contacting to light a fire under Frontier? They do not seem to care and the account rep is as useful as a beach ball in Antarctica.

Cheers!

Jeff
Lead Field Engineer, MSCNS
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Moving topic to the Telecom Service and Providers forum.

I Love FEATURE 00
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Is Frontier acting as the ILEC or the CLEC?

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
CLEC

Jeff
Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Is Frontier the company providing the final last mile connection to the Public Service Answering Point? THAT's who is responsible for having the correct information. It may not be Frontier's problem. Consider- if Frontier is the PRI provider, you know doggone well they'll have the right addresses because they'll want the bill going to the right place. Just sayin'....

As a test, place a call to another KNOWN Frontier customer to verify CID info being sent. If it's wrong within Frontier's network, you have a grip with Frontier. If it's right, you'll have to find another culprit.

Last edited by JBean3329; 01/31/15 12:34 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Frontier is providing the last mile (we're talking deep in southern West Virginia where 3Mbps DSL is considered "high speed").

This is just an E911 issue. Outbound CID and name shows properly regardless of provider. E911 does report the correct CID just the wrong address.

Frontier doesn't seem to care. I've filed tickets using the NOC help desk number, they get closed as it being "fixed" even though it's not. The account rep and their service rep are absolutely useless (heck the account rep refuses to return emails)

Jeff
The Ohio PUC would be the best place to start.

Click Here

Rcaman

Last edited by Rcaman; 02/02/15 12:35 PM.

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
The customer is actually in WV so I filed a formal complaint with the WV PSC. I was hoping there would be an alternative to that but I feel I've exhausted all of my resources.

Thanks for the information guys.

Jeff
I guess that's when one can appreciate telephone systems like ESI and others that can outpulse a different number for 911 than the standard station LDN.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
No problem on the number, the center sees it fine. The address that pops up on their system and mapping is the old address 10 miles away that Failtier cannot seem to get updated.

Jeff

Moderated by  dexman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,808 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, BobRobert), 140 guests, and 418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024