Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#584718 02/16/15 10:58 AM
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All, I currently have a customer that has an SBX system that consists of a KSU and expansion. They are using PRI and are almost to capacity on their DKU/SLT Extensions. They are starting up a remote site and want to be able to install another SBX there and have it linked to their home office so that it rings their receptionist. I guess my question is can I link both SBX together and have 3-4 extensions at the remote site. I am asking just so that I feel more confident talking to the customer about it and for once I call into vertical to get information from them. Thanks for any help that anyone may offer in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
You can. You need a voip card in each system and then you network them together with both sites using standard SBX phones.
You will also need a dedicated public static ip at each site if you plan to connect across the public internet.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick. I appreciate the response. I figured I could do something like that using the VOIP features on the system but wasn't completely sure since I have not come across this type of request before. I will try and get some more info on this from vertical once I am able to get to a real person and not a voicemail. Will it make a difference if the type of phone lines at the remote site are pots or PRI?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Not really. Both can be shared by either system, there is no central voice mail built in however, both sites will have their own.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 114 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024