Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
Administrator
Thanks Avaya for going all IP Its making my sales go up. And as for Verizon Florida Nortel IP is there main stay for right now but has been Nortel for years here.

------------------
ssimpson@oneringtelecom.com Need a Telrad Programmer Kit? Telrad Programmer Kits

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I was an OCS (Official Communications Service) tech at Bell Atlantic, prior to becoming Verizon. We used Nortel Norstar exclusively for key systems and the Meridian for the PBX applications. We also had a subsidiary that sold to the public (Bell Atlantic Meridian Systems) that was taken over by Nortel. My bets would be on Nortel if true.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
In the former GTE territory of Verizon in Northern Virginia, they are selling NEC key systems pretty aggressively. I haven't seen them doing it much in the former Bell Atlantic territories. In those areas, mostly in and around DC, we have encountered them pushing Nortel. I have also encountered them selling Verizon-branded 4-line SOHO phones made by a third party offshore.

------------------
Ed
---------
How come there's always enough time to go back and fix it a second time?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Thanks Avaya for going all IP Its making my sales go up.

You are probably one of the few. Tell me how a small office with three lines and four extensions is going to justify IP Office? They have a hard time just with the cost of a Partner.

I've said it before and I'll say it again- the main justification for an IP system is with companies who want their in-house IT geeks to handle the telecom side. They want to save money by not having an outside company handle it. If you cater to such companies more power to you but many of us don't and VOIP is a hard sell.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The Partner is a fine small office KEY system but Avaya's focus market has always been Fortune 500. They state in there own literature that the have a 90%+ hold on that segment.

They also say (or at least they used to) that the Partner system is the #1 best selling small business system in the US so I guess it depends on what which kind of customer you are and who you are talking to.

I also suspect that Partner and other legacy system sales represent a good piece of their profit so it's no wonder their sales are down when their website leads you to believe they either no longer make these systems or they are phasing them out.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hbiss: I believe that SSphone was being thankful for Avaya's foolishness sending more non-Avaya work his way.

That would make sense.

-Hal

Verizon is selling NEC,NORTEL, CISCO ETC.
If they could sell coffee machines they would do that too

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hbiss:
AVAYA's sales have dropped 25 percent so far according to CNBC....

Sure, since they started pushing their dumb a** VOIP crap instead of what most people want and can afford. You can't even find Partner, Magix or Definity at Avaya.com so how do they think they are going to sell it?

-Hal
</font>

actually i have found many systems on Avaya.com and they are still in sales. just have to follow the links on the products area... ya VoIP is crap. small partner business had one and it crashed when they got an email over the same internet router as the phone system... think it could tell the difference? come on avaya./

------------------
..::kristopher::..

Kristopher
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,389 Shoretel
189,103 CTX100 install
187,417 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024