Page 2 of 2 1 2

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

"I have only see cards go bad in a system like this once, but the unit was struck by lightning (at a different location). I was leaning towards a possible bad trunk card, but didn't know if this is a common thing or not.'

Sorry, which unit was hit by lightening?

It should be easy enough to just change the trunk card to see what happens. If it makes no difference, the card now in your hand, is fine!
I have had trunk cards lose one port - usually stops ringing at all. Probably due to lightening/power spikes.

If only a couple of lines in use, you could swap lines & reprogram. But since you have 4 lines in use, that option isn't available.

blkphtm Offline OP
OP Offline
This particular unit wasn't hit by lightning. When I had stopped by this location, the problem wasn't happening, so I gave them some troubleshooting options and told them to get back to me. Haven't heard back in a week. I do have one new spare trunk card to try.

One thing that I did remember about this location is they put a phone plate on steel I beam, and fabricated a small metal plate. When we first put the phone it, it did not work, because the back of plastic phone jack was shorting out against the metal. We then put a piece of cardboard in between the jack and metal. Not sure if this was shorting out again would cause any issues with the trunk lines.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,575 Shoretel
189,447 CTX100 install
187,611 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 103 guests, and 220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024