Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#588625 05/06/15 06:54 AM
boneash Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey guys,

i have a very weird problem with analog cordless phones on my Officeserv 7030,

the cli does not display on analog cordless phones when connected to the system, however if i plug in any type of corded phone the cli works without any issue.

It is not a model related problem as well as i plugged 3 different types of cordless phones and all the models did not show the cli. while every single CLI corded phone displays the cli.

Is there any additional settings that need to be done for the CLI to display on cordless phones ?

i am stumped

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
A cordless phone wouldn't be treated any differently by the system than a corded phone.

I am sure there is a setting in mmc300 for cid to slt

pvj Offline
I'm sure there is as well but it's not going to make it work on a corded phone and not work on a cordless phone is it?

boneash Offline OP
OP Offline
yes @matt _GC all the usual cli settings are activated being cli is enabled on trunks and cli is enabled on sli phone data.

Was hoping somebody else has also encountered this problem,

I have a hunch if i change the country of the system it may start to work, some countries have dtfm some have bellcore fsk.

what do you guys think could this be a possible reason ?

maybe the cordless phone's are programmed to recieve the cid data in a different format.

pvj Offline
Why would that work?You said you have it working on corded analog phones.So from that the system must be programmed correctly right?

You should also see the cid data work on an intercom call as well when somebody calls the analog extension.Sorry but it just doesn't make sense why only cordless phones don't work.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Check all the menus for the cordless phones. There quite possibly is a setting for FSK/DTMF/PSK caller id formats.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
boneash Offline OP
OP Offline
haha @pvj i have encountered so many problems that just dont make any sense and where the manuals could not save me, i had to dig deep and put my thinking cap on.

With regard to the CLI issue changing the country worked, i dont know how but it worked. The MMC for enabling CLI on the trunk has also has changed from 425 to 414.

@jbean3329 i searched the entire phone menu for the possibility of finding the caller id format and i could not find a setting to change the format. I did however find an option to change the cid display from display cid name to display cid number. and changed it to display cid number.

thanks guys for your input, i greatly appreciate it

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What country did you change it from and to?

Changing the country may have other side effects so i would be wary of it, for example the Analgoue ring here in AU is a sine wave rather then a square wave.

We follow the EU ETSI standard so have E1 rather than T1, etc

It sounds to me that the cordless you have is for a different market.

As for the MMC change that's because for some reason Samsung decided to have different MMC codes in different markets.

boneash Offline OP
OP Offline
the previous country was india i think, and the new country is australia.

so far so good, no issues.

yes @nameless i think your correct, its probably the phone that was intended for use in a different market.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,522 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024