web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We are showing 34 minutes left of recording and getting message that recording space is low. We check each user - and there are limited messages. What is proper procedure to check user voicemail space used and total available? Our setting is to alert at 15 minutes left - but alerting users at 34 minutes. Any help?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Check transaction and interview boxes for messages.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
We have checked each user on the web interface and see limited messages stored. I found other information that denotes the SD card in the system might have files that need to be deleted? Assume it also might be possible that card could be failing? Not sure if this card contains only messages or system related information? Any further help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have found this a common problem with the LX mails. Once they fill up you can't find much to delete then I suspect that the CF card is stuffed. have never been able to find an official way of fixing this problem apart from sending the CF card back to NEC and getting them to reinitialize the card but as this is a dead product it won't happen anymore. Now if it was a UM8000 CF card I could help you get the space back..

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
OP Offline
Is there a process or procedure to check and/or clean the card? Sounds like there is other data on the card so it cannot be swapped out very easily?

If we can read the card (need process) can certain items be deleted?

Login with WinSCP or Putty and you can delete the temporary files. In the UM8000 the folder would be the /opt/vmail/tmp, I am not sure where they are in the LX Voicemail.

Any REPLOG files can be deleted without issue.

OP Offline
I can login into the voicemail IP with Putty. At the menu I have U40, Elitemail, LX - you have exit to shared command prompt. Can you help with more detail to see contents of the card?

login using WinSCP and it will show you the contents of the drive. Just be careful what you delete.

Older elitemails had diagnostics that were available when you exited to a command prompt. Usually a chkdsk and a defrag would clean up performance and improve recording time.

You could also use the del command to delete temp files.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,293
Posts638,829
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,586 Shoretel
189,467 CTX100 install
187,621 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, Toner, Yoda), 142 guests, and 227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024