web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/personal/2015/05/17/lollipop-nexus/27375011/

If you have a Google Nexus device and have not updated to the latest, you should hold off.

The official OTA update bricks some units (mine was one). Google nor Asus will admit or accept responsibility so far. I sent my unit to repair just to see what would happen and I was quoted a repair charge that was roughly the same as the unit when new (tablet is almost 2 years old so not worth it).

I explained I should not pay anything since a sanctioned update broke it. After being informed they knew nothing of this, I sent links proving otherwise. My latest communication from them thanked me for the information and they would waive the labor and shipping (Roughly $40). I am sticking to my guns of not paying.

I will avoid Google branded and ASUS products. While I really liked the tablet it is obvious they are more interested in getting new business rather than keeping old business. Even if I get this repaired at no charge, they have lost a customer which I know means less than nothing to them.

Michael Meyer
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
I volunteer for a non profit and we have 9 Nexus 7 2013 tablets in the field all upgraded with no issues a couple of months back and are working fine.

Mine is LTE with Verizon and is still on Kit Kat , there is something about the Verizon that it wont update

was yours a automatic update or did you Push it ?

they are great little tablets but unfortunately they are discontinued

Let us know how it turns out .

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Verizon recently pushed the Lollipop update to my Samsung Galaxy S4 and I am seeing some things that I do not like. I don't know if the issues are unique to the S4, or, more general in nature. Might not be a bad thing staying with Kit Kat for the time being.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
@ Skip - I had a notification that an OTA update was available. That was the one I used. Apparently powering off the tablet or having the battery die after the update MAY render it inoperable based upon posts. I really like the tablet and would like to have it restored. I will definitely let you know what the outcome is.

Michael Meyer
I'm glad ours all went smooth , that would really suck to have them bricked I really hope google does right by you Michael

Paul , My Galaxy S4 recently updated too and I haven't noticed any change at all

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
2 of the most concerning problems I've discovered so far involve Email...

1) When new Email arrives, the status LED no longer blinks and the envelope icon does not appear in the top left corner of the display like it did before.

2) I've had to delete and re-enter one of my Email accounts several times because the trash counter indicated deleted content is in the trash folder, but, a check of the folder shows nothing is in there. bash

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Well - It took being stubborn, constantly disputing requests for payment, and emailing the CEOs of Asus, but they finally agreed to investigate the issue of the Lollipop update causing problems and to repair my tablet for no charge which is what I believed to have been the reasonable response all along.

While it is unfortunate it took so long to get to this solution, I feel like I can put this in the "Win" column.

Michael Meyer

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,767
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,447 Shoretel
188,305 CTX100 install
187,083 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (aweaver, Andyreed, Professor Shadow), 183 guests, and 292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024