web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,
We have an Inter-Tel access phone system. What needs to be done to have 4 phones ring when the main number is called in. We have 25 phones but only want 4 of them to ring off of the main number he others only ring when a call is transfered to them.
Thanks
Heath

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You can do that one of two ways:
1) You can ring calls to an extension list (will ring all the phones but the call will not forward any further)
2) You can create a hunt group with those 4 phones as members. If you add them as individual members, they will only ring one phone at a time. If you create a hunt group members extension list with those 4 phones and then make that extension list a member of the hunt group. It will ring all the phones at once. Hunt groups give you a bit more flexibility as to what happens to the call if not answered.

OP Offline
Thank you very much!

I have tried this a few times and for some odd reason it does not work with my system. Here is what I do in order:

1. Under System/extension list/hunt group members. Create a list with the 3 extensions I want to ring at once.

2. Under System/Hunt Groups
Create a hunter group and add the hunt group member extenion I just made.

Done....but if I dial any of the extension I listed in the first step it rings all alone. What am I doing wrong?? Anything will help, thanks so much.

Try using a Station list instead of a Hunt Group Member list for the Extension List.

On this same note. Is it possible to add extensions from other nodes on here? I have a number I want to ring at 3 extensions. One local to the number, the other are at our branch offices. This is an Axxess 10.001 system with 2 5000's at the remote locations. I dont care if they ring in sequence or all at the same time I just need to figure out how to make it work. Under programming it seems I can only pick local extensions frown

yes you can add the off node extention you will have to add it to the hunt group by selecting the keyset off node device under members tab of the hunt group you will not see the extensions under keysets. also have you added the hunt group to the ring in destination of the trunk group

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,418 Shoretel
189,179 CTX100 install
187,429 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024