Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#590999 07/09/15 11:34 AM
OP Offline
Here's the back story... We have an ESI phone system and have been using VIP Call Control program on multiple computers with very few issues. I recently started updated the computers for Engineers and just using Acronis to copy their drives over and then install drivers for the new Motherboards. Was working perfectly until I cam across this issue that I can't help but believe is related...

VIP worked perfectly on the old PC and still does. On the new PC you open VIP, put in the Extension and Password, click Login... Program flashes then its gone. We've had this before and "Run as Administrator" would fix it.

So far I have tried the following: Run As Admin; Unistall, clean Registry and files, Reinstall; Copy my config overtop; log in with different user profile; edit Registry entries for VIP; Talked with ESI and they cannot support their own program... worst tech support of all time!

It has to be something to do with the disk imaging because it quit working immediately after that. I can't figure out what it would be and where else I need to look.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by ErockZab
Here's the back story... We have an ESI phone system and have been using VIP Call Control program on multiple computers with very few issues. I recently started updated the computers for Engineers and just using Acronis to copy their drives over and then install drivers for the new Motherboards. Was working perfectly until I cam across this issue that I can't help but believe is related...

VIP worked perfectly on the old PC and still does. On the new PC you open VIP, put in the Extension and Password, click Login... Program flashes then its gone. We've had this before and "Run as Administrator" would fix it.

So far I have tried the following: Run As Admin; Unistall, clean Registry and files, Reinstall; Copy my config overtop; log in with different user profile; edit Registry entries for VIP; Talked with ESI and they cannot support their own program... worst tech support of all time!

It has to be something to do with the disk imaging because it quit working immediately after that. I can't figure out what it would be and where else I need to look.

Are you an ESI dealer? If not then you won't get any support from ESI as they only offer support through their resellers and not to end users.

I have found their tech support to be very good all the way back to 2002 when i signed on.

Last edited by upstateny; 07/09/15 11:57 AM.
OP Offline
We go through a reseller to get to ESI's tech support. Every time we have to work with them for an issue, whether it be with our ESI-1000 cabinet or one of our ESI-100 cabinets, it is a horrible experience. Who is supposed to support it then if ESI themselves doesn't?
If it is the reseller, then they need to do a bit more training because we know more about troubleshooting the phone system than our reseller does.

Last edited by ErockZab; 07/09/15 12:33 PM.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by ErockZab
We go through a reseller to get to ESI's tech support. Every time we have to work with them for an issue, whether it be with our ESI-1000 cabinet or one of our ESI-100 cabinets, it is a horrible experience. Who is supposed to support it then if ESI themselves doesn't?
If it is the reseller, then they need to do a bit more training because we know more about troubleshooting the phone system than our reseller does.

ESI only supports the end user through their reseller network. Escalate things with your reseller if the tech(s) who come onsite are not competent. If that doesn't work look to a different reseller entirely.

As a reseller i love the concept that they won't steal work away from me.

Any time we run into issues like this they are excellent to work with and always get to the bottom of it.

OP Offline
Not really an option to find a different reseller. They are the only ones even remotely close. The joys of being in the middle of no where...

All we get from ESI is them stating "We cannot help with this issue" and that's the end of it. Literally all our reseller does, is calls ESI immediately when we open a ticket with them about anything involving phones.

What operating system is on the computers?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
Windows 7 x64 is on all of our computers. Running VIP 5.5.7.

OK. First thing to do is use 3rd party removal software like Your Uninstaller. Then open Users-(Name)-Appdata-Roaming and then delete ESI. This is the step everyone forgets about and it's critical this be removed.

Once that's done, reinstall VIP.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
I have used Revo Uninstaller on it already. Then went and deleted all of the following folders:
C:/Users/Name/AppData/Roaming/ESI & VIPSE
C:/ProgramData/ESI

Went in to Registry and did a search for every instance of VIP and ESI, then deleted everything related to it.

Restarted the computer and reinstalled VIP. Still functions the same.

OP Offline
If I put logs or event viewer captures on here would anyone be able to assist me? Just looking for any type of help here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,858
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,664 Shoretel
189,587 CTX100 install
187,847 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024