web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Deeds Offline OP
OP Offline
I have someone in our office who wants her desk phone to also ring at her assistants desk at the same time. I suppose a hunt group will do this? Not sure and never really had much experience programming this type of thing before. Our system is Inter-Tel Axxess 5000, using database 11.004, DB Studio 1.67 version. Any ideas how I can make this happen? Many thanks in advance.

Dee
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The easiest way would be putting a Secondary Call Key on the assistant's phone.

Deeds Offline OP
OP Offline
I looked this up and not sure this is what we wanted to have happen though. The assistant doesn't sit in the same general area as her supervisor. She has trouble hearing the supervisor's phone ringing so they want both phones to ring simultaneously. What I read about the secondary call key doesn't appear to fit that issue. ? I'm not even sure how to program that. I just wanted to be a little more clear for your response. Thanks!

Dee
Moderator-Inter-Tel
Moderator-Inter-Tel
A Secondary Call key would ring the assistant's phone anytime the supervisor's phone rang and give her the ability to answer the call.

If you are unfamiliar with setting up Secondary Call Keys, the programming would be very hard to explain here, especially if it only needs to be on one phone.

1. You can create an entirely different keymap for the assistant which includes the programming of the Secondary Call Key on an available key

or

2. You can cross-reference an available Programmable Key on her existing keymap (which may be shared by others) and then program a Secondary Call Key under her individual Programmable Keys on her station.

Deeds Offline OP
OP Offline
I will try this and see if I can locate info in the manuals, although most of them are zero help with programming. LOL Thank you so much for your time!!

Dee

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024