web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have a customer with a ip office, internal voice mail - the AA answers the call on the first ring, caller can enter extension or press 0, the zero transfers to a calling group of 3 extensions. the problem is if no one answers or it is after hours, the phone just rings. I don't want it going to a phantom extension and VM because no one will check it. I want it to go to the reception mailbox. The reception is one of the calling group extensions. I know there is a work around for this. Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Easiest way is to turn on voicemail for the group, and add H and the hunt group number to the source numbers for the users, so they get a light for the mailbox. Checking through visual voicemail just requires that they press arrow down after accessing their own mailbox to access the group mailbox.

But, to send the call to a specific mailbox when the group is not answered: Create a short code to leave voicemail in the specific mailbox. Create a user that is unconditionally forwarded including hunt group calls to the short code. Create a sequential hunt group, with this user as its only member. Make that sequential hunt group the overflow group for the original main hunt group.

Example, hunt group 200 overflows to sequential hunt group 691, with user 601 assigned to it. User 601 is unconditionally forwarded, including hunt group calls, to *601. *601 is Voicemail Collect, "#"100, and user/mailbox gets the message.

OP Offline
will the first option sent voice mail to all three members of the hunt group? if so, I think I'll use the other option. In the second example what is " *601 " and " "#" 100 " ??

First option doesn't send the message anywhere, it is in the group's mailbox, but the 2nd part of setting it up (Adding the Hxxx to the User's Source Numbers) makes the message waiting light come on when there's a message in the group mailbox, and enables them to access the mailbox through visual voicemail. You don't have to set the source number for EVERY member of the group, just those that you want to check the messages.

For instance, let's say it's group 200, and the members are Ext. 201, 202, and 203. They all ring, but only 201 is responsible for checking the messages. Add H200 to 201's Source Numbers, and that's the only extension that will get the light and be able to check the messages.

The 2nd option is more complicated.
You probably already make a shortcode so people can send calls to voicemail without ringing the phone by pressing Transfer, dialing # and the extension number, and Transfer again? That shortcode is #2XX/Voicemail Collect/"#"2N/0. I'm saying make a new short code *601/Voicemail Collect/"#"201/0, which means that when you pick up a phone and dial *601, you get 201's mailbox.

Once that works, you make a new user, this time 601, call it Forward to 200 mailbox, and on the forwarding tab, forward it to *601 (and check the box for Forward Hunt Group calls). Now you can dial Ext. 601, and get 201's mailbox.

Next you make a Sequential Hunt Group, No Queuing, No Voicemail, call it Mailbox 201, make it Ext. 691, and make Ext. 601 its only member. Now you can dial Ext. 691 and get 200's mailbox.

Finally, on Hunt Group 200, turn off voicemail, set the Overflow to 20 seconds or so, and make Hunt Group 691 the overflow. Now a call to 200 rings the phones in the group for 20 seconds, and then overflows to 201's mailbox.

Clear as mud....

Last edited by Touch Tone Tommy; 07/17/15 03:53 PM.
OP Offline
Got it, used the first option. But how do you record a greeting for that mailbox?

*17, mailbox number and #, password and # (or just # if you haven't set a P/W through Manager), 3 for Greeting, 1 to record, wait for the tone, speak, press #

OP Offline
I thought when you used *17 that it defaults to the mailbox of the ext you are using? if not, the extension would be 200, right?

Remove the Vxxx source code from the User, so that they will be prompted for the password even on their own mailbox

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,730 Shoretel
189,778 CTX100 install
187,934 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024