web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We have an ESI-200. Is there any way if you don't answer your phone to give the caller the options to either leave a message or dial your cell phone? I understand the CFNA to off premises, but I didn't know about giving the two options to the caller. I noticed that there are quite a few rings when using CFNA before the caller gets the opportunity to leave the voice mail.

Thanks,
Steve

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Absolutely.

One of the greetings allows you to offer the caller the option to press a digit to try the mailbox owner on their cell and if they don't answer it takes the call back and allows the caller to leave a message in the system voicemail.

You could also set up an option in the greeting to dial an info mailbox which could be set up to forward to an auto attendant when the caller makes no response. Set the auto attendant up as an outdial branch and the call will go out to their cell.

OP Offline
Thanks! There are so many options for this system (many that we don't use).

Steve

You can also twin the office phone to your cell phone. Or, as John suggested, send the caller to a menu or an info box and give them choices. You are correct, there are so many features and everybody picks out the 5 that they use all the time and ignore the hundred or so others.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
I get an error when I try to go into the twinning options. I get an "Invalid Entry" message when I try to key in the second 6 from the menu. I assumed that it is because we are running older software on our system. I asked our installer about cost to upgrade our system but never got an answer. Can you confirm to me that we don't have the option because of the version we are running?

Our system:
ESI-200, Version 14.5.21.0 (1)
Wednesday, 22 July 2015, 9:31:14A
Disk version: 15.23 (11/6/2009)
Flash version: 1.0.4
HDDICC DSP version: 2.5
Service DSP version: 2.9
NSP version: 3.8.1

First off, twinning was not provided with your current load of software. Twinning was provided with 14.5.37.xx and higher. You will also need the twinning prompts for the user interface to work.

Second, Contact your ESI dealer and tell them you want 14.5.55.30 software and the latest Prompts which will include the Twinning prompts. They should quote you a price over the phone if you give them the information you wrote here in this thread as well as what I just wrote. The upgrade is simple and can be done in two steps. Load the system software and then load the latest Prompts.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Ralph -
I am very glad you are an ESI installer, you always give sound advice and are a true asset to this community!

OP Offline
Are there any settings, messages, etc. that would be lost in an upgrade?

No. The upgrade does not affect any voice mail recordings. All that is being changed is the "operating system" software (as an example) and not the content.

The new Prompts will, basically, add new Prompts so the new features will work correctly and fix some old prompts that did not work properly.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Ds1Phones David,

Thank you, but there are several ESI dealers on this forum that offer better advice than I do. But, I will take the complement if you let me share it with 5years&counting, nonameyet and upstateny.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,317
Posts638,931
Members49,775
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,140 Shoretel
190,344 CTX100 install
188,737 1a2 system
Newest Members
Kahm310, PeterG, lyte, 4thright, dcl
49,775 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dans 4
lyte 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 188 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024