web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Have tried a number of variations, have a group of dss consoles, set to map 2, would like to remap the bottom 1/2 of them to speed dials 9020-9043, across the board. But programming from admin Flash 50/B/11 I get an error for any variation of BB490NN even for a single DSS. Is there something other than reprogramming each button to user programmable then programming as user?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
I will assume the ability to copy a DSS Setup is in WinDBA and not available from programming on a phone.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
There's definitely no copy function. It sounds as if what you've tried to do isn't working, which is exactly what I would have done. One thing's for sure though, when you get finished, you might want to be sure to turn on station lock in Flash 06, B8.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Have been thinking about station lock (I am going on vacation for a week, and a couple users are swapping out desks, or moving to other offices). I need to punch the move the day before I leave and they are moving the next morning, the other is just swapping out a desk, but each of these users has a phone and a dss.

OP Offline
Hunt Groups are amazing right up until....

Lines 001-005 > 3 Phones > Preset FWD > 451 Overflow >452 > Overflow to 450 (voicemail menu on all 4 ports).

Lines 006-008 Day Mode > 1 phone > Preset FWD > 453 Overflow > 454 Overflow 455 (which is 1 second fwd to 440 with ID 0151), night rings direct to 455 (this solved an old issue with these lines ringing the normal timeout to get to VM at night). But in "day" mode, I get that extension not found in Voicemail..... Running from the same mailbox, to the same fwd destination..... I've stripped all the unnecessary VMIDs from the CO Lines, and 453/454, still get the error, but put 100 in DND (Night mode) and it rings rights through to the VM Menu I created a few months back.

A burger is now calling my name, the system is in night mode, perhaps taking a manual with me, but of course I don't have the manual for this actual system, but am working alternately out of a FP3 version for Triad 1/2/3 and a FP4 version of a Triad S.

OP Offline
"The Mailbox Number That You Are Trying To Reach Is Not In Service"

OP Offline
Ok, so if I want VM coverage on more than 1 layer of hunt group for a group of lines, I need to send it to a port with a dedicated time control? That is probably why Lines 1-5 forward fine through 2 layers, as all 4 ports on the VM are in a time control for that menu, I can probably split the ports in half, and make it still work.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Programming a button remotely for speed dial still requires the code 4 before the speed dial bin number is entered and the bin has to be occupied as well.

All this voice mail split ports is not effective and will hurt you...just like splitting inbound hunt groups does too....groups busy while other lines sit idle. You are better off forwarding calls to virtual extensions that are all call forwarded to a voice mail where the voice mail has those calls forwarded to a menu..in other words use the voice mail itself to do what you want. All the vm ports will work for all "groups" so to speak.

Last edited by Derrick; 08/25/15 08:59 AM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
Thanks, Derrick!

DSS is configured, works great. Having to program the buttons for each DSS is annoying, but once I had a template, not that hard, just keeping track for 24 buttons.

Trying to spread ringing to a few more people, in a couple layers, so they can catch calls when the first group gets busy, just seems to be troublesome.

External 4 port Digital VM, set for time control, menu 100 Day (120 Night) on all ports. 2 Line groups, the first 5 lines go to this set of Menu's the next 3 lines are for a special branding, so are treated differently, I can send 1-5 through 2-3 hunt groups then to VM via one more Hunt (with the 4 VM Ports as members), and they still go to the time control ports just fine, but sending 6-8 through to 440, with ID digits of 151 or 0151, only works if overflowed from the first hunt destination, if I Overflow the first Hunt to a second Hunt, that overflows to VM I get mailbox not found or system not available messages, I know things can get confused when one strips and forwards a call enough times, but it was after midnight before I randomly built one more hunt, overflowed directly to Voicemail, and had it work for the second line group. Then tested a second layer of hunt and it failed, and it all started to make sense, thus my thought of splitting the time control ports, if there is some other black magic by which this can be accomplished I'm all ears.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,625 Shoretel
189,515 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 141 guests, and 320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024