web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#591569 07/28/15 01:04 PM
OP Offline
I want to put an SLT phone in our lobby that has no access to the OLG. Currently we use a flexible access code for this.

9 - Line Group access code - one access code for each OLG 1.

Is there an easy way to do this for a single extension from emanager ?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The easiest way would be if 9 was still used for LCR. Then you could restrict LCR access or put them in a different LCR group or just use destination restrictions.

You will probably just need to setup Destination Restriction for this one extension and enable DR in the OLG. Also put them in a different COS and disable direct trunk access.

For lobby phones I also like to setup a ring-down destination so the phone will call someone when they pick it up. If you want the visitor to be able to dial an extension, then you could put the ring-down on a delay.

OP Offline
There were no LCR or Trunk Assignments. But a new COS and disabling the trunk access in that COS worked , thank you for that. Also the ring down is an excellent idea.

Are Destination Restrictions only for OLG? I was just wondering if there is a way that only certain internal extensions can be dialed.

Last edited by mcflyster; 07/29/15 10:33 AM.
Originally Posted by mcflyster
Are Destination Restrictions only for OLG? I was just wondering if there is a way that only certain internal extensions can be dialed.

No, you can not restrict internal dialing. If you have an immediate ringdown then the person in the lobby won't be able to call anyone. If you have a delay then they could dial an extension when they first go offhook.

At one customer location I had the exterior door phone ring to a custom automated attendant on the voicemail, but usually I just have the phone ring a multiple call group.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,485 CTX100 install
187,662 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024