web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Well, I did try to make that point to him...

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Hi guys, yes I'm still reading and yes, I have access to the ICP maintenance console. I'll try that bit in form 50 with the 1 day to delete thing. While it's not exactly what I was hoping for, it should do the trick nicely.

Yes, I know, being an IT guy does not make me a phone guy. I never said it did. If I had my druthers I'd never mess with the daggon thing. I don't do well with analog. However, it's part of my job spec. and what the boss expects of me. If I could get the time off to do training, believe me, I would. No Mitel folks in the area that I know of. I live in a very rural area. I'm forced to go through my local telecom for info and they won't tell me much for fear of giving away business. So, as I said, I'm stuck scrounging info.

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it.

MC-ITGuy

Mitel 200 ICP MX

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

("Do or do not. There is no try.")
Not to flog a dead horse, but...

https://www.mitel.com/mitel-training

Mitel offers virtual classroom and on-site leader-led classes.

Also, if your boss expected you to "Own the Network" for something like HP-UX or ADA or something else that you didn't already know, he would pay to have you trained on it. You can't take time off to train? You shouldn't have to. Either he should pony up for it, or he should allow you to set up virtual classroom training.

OP Offline
I do appreciate the advice, telephoneguy. Unfortunately, as I said, this is a relatively small company in a rural hick town, smack-dab in the middle of Northern Wisconsin. If this company followed best practices we wouldn't have this kluge of an ancient phone system to begin with. It should have been upgraded years ago.

My IT department, consisting of me and ... let's see, uh ... me, doesn't have a budget and has to fight for every bit of equipment we/I need in order to keep this company rolling. If I'm gone, there is literally no one else to fight/stoke the fires. So, free time to train is at a premium.

Back to the original question: I could find no way in form 50 to set a time limit for voicemail messages. Unfortunately, I ended up having to just delete the mailbox and rebuild it. I don't want to come off sounding ungrateful, however I can't get away from the feeling that perhaps if we had stuck to the topic and explored the original question more, spending less time offering advice about my company's business practices, we could have found a better solution. It was, to my way of thinking, a simple question that could/should have had a simple answer.

Thanks again for everyone's help.

MC-ITGuy

Mitel 200 ICP MX

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Admin
Admin
Throughout all of the B.S. did you think to RTFM and look at LIFE?

The other thing you could have done is change MAX MSGS to something like 50 for a day or two and that might have cleaned out the box.

Unfortunately, there's no COS per user in a MEM so you have to work around it.

Carl

OP Offline
Hello, Carl. One more time, I am left with scrounging what information I can from internet sources. Yes, as a matter of fact, I have read various manuals including the technicianshandbookmx.pdf. The problem is that, as you well know, these manuals are written from the point of view of the reader having already been through the basic training courses and being at least somewhat familiar with the concepts and jargon involved. It even says as much in the first few pages. As I have explained several times now, I am not in a position to enlist in any of these training sessions at this time. I feel no shame in not knowing such concepts or jargon and, therefore having trouble finding my answers in such manuals.

Now, since you felt the need to call me out in a such a manner, allow me to retort in kind. What we're talking about here are ancient, outmoded and, for the most part, obsolete hardware and systems. Folks will come to this forum who are, like me, between a rock and a hard place trying to find answers, simply because such info is not as readily available to the public. Such users will tend to come to forums such as these for specifically that reason. Treating them with contempt and answering nearly every question with condescension and a patronizing tone is unwarranted and does not make for much of a first impression. You are the experts in your fields, no doubt. But talking down to those neophytes who are simply trying to do their jobs with what little they have been given does not make you superior. Perhaps you should take a look at your own life and your reasons for being here.

Thank you for your time.

MC-ITGuy

Mitel 200 ICP MX

$DO || ! $DO ; try

All: if you can't help the poster just refrain from posting.

MC-ITGuy, There was a user solution given in the very first reply, there are some questions that are beyond the end users ability. We are not here to give step by step instruction on how to set up a phone system. Our rule of thumb is if it's not in the users manual than it's taken off board. Your best bet may be to ask for off line help and be willing to pay for such help.

Anymore of the tit for tat this thread will be closed and if need be further action taken.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
While I do not consider myself an "end user" being the network admin of my company, I will agree to disagree and let it go at that. Before this finally blew up, a very helpful user PMed me and we tried some things. Unfortunately, they didn't work, leading us both to the realization that there was something else at work on the system. As I said earlier, I ended up simply deleting my boss's voicemail box and rebuilding it. While not the solution I was hoping for, it all worked out for the best.

Thanks to everyone who offered help,

MC-ITGuy

Mitel 200 ICP MX

$DO || ! $DO ; try

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,801
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,057 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 3
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (JBean3329), 113 guests, and 412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024