web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
I got a TDE100 that a few days ago started shutting off and on rapidly, when you re-boot it, it will stop for a few hours then start up again. We went on site and replaced the power supply, it happened again a few hours later. We have not been on site while this problem is happening which is making it hard to troubleshoot.

We went on site a second time and moved the UPS it's on to a different outlet, re-seated all cards but it happened again a few hours later.

Went on site a third time today and replaced the TDE100 cabinet/processor. A few hours after I left, it happened again.

This TDE100 has a medium power supply running 24 7433 phones, a vm unit and some cell sites. We're about 2 points short of reaching the max psu limit of 128.

I'm not sure what to do next. I told the client to not turn off the system and call me so I can be there on site while the problem is happening. I'm thinking it's either one of the 5 cards in the system or something connected to the system that's shorting it out.

Has anyone seen this before?

Aaron
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Take it off the UPS.

94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks I'll try that. If that fixes it, is it a bad UPS or bad AC feeding it? The area they're in has a lot of power outages and needs a UPS, especially with a big El Nino possibly coming around here.

Aaron
Might be better off swapping with a known working UPS.

94astro Offline OP
OP Offline
Man...

Took it off UPS, moved it to a different outlet on a diff circuit, same problem. Put all new cards in there, same problem. Unplugged all amphenol cables except for one DLC16, put one phone on it, same problem.

Turns out the replacement power supply that we brought on the first visit was also bad! Got a PSU shipped to us straight from Panasonic TS in Jersey, everything is good now. TS said the new PSU's are having issues with a sensor being to sensative and shutting down when they shouldn't.

3 power supplies and many hours later, they are back up...

Aaron
That's just what we need.........

BTS

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (ffej010, nortelvoip, justbill), 150 guests, and 273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024