web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dtjalsm Offline OP
OP Offline
All phones are programmed with a "GCO" key, that is dead, LED does not even lite up....Group number 3/index 1. All programing seems to be correct. I reset PCB. If I changed the index number, I get dial tone. All call are made on PRI circuit. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

A few questions:
Did you assign the GCO index to the OLG and ILG?
Are you using GCO index in the DID programming instead of ILG?
About how many phones do you have and how many buttons on each phone?
What kind of processor do you have? For a CIX 670 do you have the extended processor or just the one processor?

You could have too many GCO keys programmed in the system. It is very easy to hit the max capacity.

dtjalsm Offline OP
OP Offline
System is CTX 100 with at least 20 phones (all 3200 sets, except for a couple of newer models). All the GCO keys were working just fine, until a couple of weeks ago. The only one that has quit working is the 1st one, as mentioned above, which was assigned as Index 1. I changed the index number to 12 on all phones, which seems to have fixed the problem. There is 11 GCO keys assigned on all phones, but actually only using the first 4. I did not do any of the original programming, I just do routine service on system, as needed.
The GCO keys are part of both IGL & OGL....number 3. I'm assuming that the index number assignment is similar to a line number, to make an line appearance on telephone.

The max number of GCO keys in a system for a CIX 100 is 64. I found out that when you exceed this limit that odd things happen. Sometimes it works ok for a while, then buttons stop lighting up.

When you could up 20 phones with 11 GCO keys, you get 220 GCO keys. If the problem returns I would start by reducing the number of GCO keys on each phone.

I have had GCO keys some systems work fine at some locations and have odd problems at others. For the problem sites we talked them into removing the GCO keys and just using multiple intercom keys and the Park key. Some people are very reluctant to change.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,623 Shoretel
189,512 CTX100 install
187,772 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024