Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#594331 10/27/15 09:17 AM
GreggM Offline OP
OP Offline
Gentlemen -

1. I am not an Intertel dealer

2. I got the below email from a business owner - it looks like they want to upgrade their phone system's software without buying new hardware, to 64-bit, in order to use updated Callviewer 3rd party software ... if this is possible. They are located in Columbus, OH, but this upgrade, if possible, sounds like it can be done from anywhere (they even have called the UK!), with their onsite IT guy.
To be clear: I am not looking to do this work or sell anything (we are not a qualified Intertel dealer) -- one of you guys can have it -- if it is possible. I just want to help the customer.

The thread is below ... Your help/advice is appreciated, as always - thanks! -- Gregg

"Can our current Intertel hardware accept newer software? If so, what software versions? We were updating our systems to run Win 7, 64 bit. Our old client software is 16 bit and will not run. Looking for updates to fix error when running Callviewer. Was told that server software update was needed in order to install new client. Our current versions are:

1. Server software version: 2.51.0032
2. Session manager:
a.) System version: 5.2F7
b.) Program version: 5.2F7
3. Axxessory client version: 2.50.0014
4. PBX CPU model:
a.) 550-2015

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

That is a pretty old software version, running on a CPU 128 based on the part number.
Most dealers will probably recommend upgrading from an Axxess to a MiVoice Office 250 (aka 5000)

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
What Jeff said. Too old to get involved with.

The simple answer is that no new software is available for that hardware. I'm not sure if a telephone system upgrade is even needed, just because the Callviewer server was upgraded.

It appears to be an OAI connection, which may be backwards compatible. Maybe not, it's been a long time since I looked at anything that old.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,492 CTX100 install
187,708 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 113 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024