web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have two door phones, both of which are LUADS. I want to connect BOTH of these door phones to the IPO system and have the function independant of each other. I already have ONE working correctly at the front door, which has been configured for years. I need to setup the second at the shipping entrance and have it ring again independent of the front door. In the documentation, it only shows a SINGLE LUADS phone connected to a Door Controller unit. All reference to two phones, connected to Avaya IPO and Door Controller show LUUDS phones. Is it possible to have two LUADS phones connected and working independently? I would appreciate any input. I already have the Avaya documentation for the UNiversal Door Phone SYstem installation. I just need information on connecting 2 LUADS phones to this configuration.

THanks
A

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
With the Avaya Merlin Magix you could connect LUADS by utilizing a loop around.

You would connect the device to an available port on an a T/R card. Then connect another available T/R port to an available Loop Start POTS line port.

Then you would program the port that the LUADS is connected to to ring the other T/R port that is connected to the Loop Start port (Hotline feature).

So, when the button on the LUADS is pressed, the port that it is plugged into hot dials the extension that is connected to the Loop Start port. This causes any phone with the Loop Starr line present to ring.

This may work with the IP Office, but other technicians who have worked extensively could say for sure...or...have an alternate method. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
The LAUDS works like a single line T/R phone, no controller needed.

I already have ONE working correctly at the front door, which has been configured for years.

So set up the second one like you did the first- on another analog extension port of course.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 11/03/15 04:47 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
LUADS (https://www.paging-solutions.com/PDFManuals/54-2106-01A.pdf) is just a single line phone that goes off hook when you press the call button, so put it on its own single line station port, make it a hotline dial to a hunt group without voicemail and call the hunt group Back Door

OP Offline
well of course... that would be easy now wouldn't it.
Except I did not setup the first one. THe instructions for the LUADS/LUUDS show ONE single LUADS phone connected to the Door Controller module and even mention "Important: In this application, only a single door phone is used and *5 must be selected when programming"
But does that mean that ONLY one LUADS door phone can be connected to the module ?
The only time in the instruction when two phones are connected are when they are LUUDS phones.

The instructions you have are for doorphones that are probably 20 years old and for systems that were in existence many years before the IPO. So throw those instructions away.

What you have is commonly called a "Partner doorphone" because it was used with the Partner system which has the capability of using two such doorphones directly. These doorphones are currently being made by Viking.

well of course... that would be easy now wouldn't it.
Except I did not setup the first one.

Well we can't teach you here other than to say this is what you need to do. Connect it to an analog station port and configure the IPO so that when it goes off hook it does what you want it to do- ring some extensions I guess?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
I guess I am not explaining this correctly or perhaps I just don't know how to explain it. There is a single "OUT" connection on the door phone controller unit that already plugs directly into an analog port on the IPO and is working correctly. How can I connect a 2nd door phone to the Avaya controller unit and connect it into a second analog port if there is only one port coming out of the controller? I appreciate your patience with my ignorance of the phone side of this equation

Ok. Is THIS the controller you are using??

If so apparently it only supports ONE LAUDS doorphone. The controller simply connects to an analog CO line port on the IPO. Line rings just like any other line would for an incoming call. The controller has it's own set of commands for door strikes, etc.

Simplest way for you is to get two LUUDS doorphones. Another is to keep the LAUDS, get another controller for the second doorphone and connect it to another unused CO port. Program the IPO to have that line on whichever phones you want just like the existing doorphone.

The hard way would be to ditch the controllers, connect the LAUDS doorphones to analog station ports then program the IPO for ringdown on those two extensions.

-Hal

OP Offline
Indeed you are correct. That is the controller we have. I was wondering just how this was going to work. Feel better now that my pea brain was not the failure in this whole thing. Well.... perhaps my pea-brain is still A failure, but perhaps not THE failure. Thank you for taking the time to explain and research. It is appreciated

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (mongo5150, Curlycord, JBean3329), 109 guests, and 231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024