web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Lee07 Offline OP
OP Offline
R4+z
as said in my first post I used a NEW cpu but I loaded it with the current office data, and as I said the reading was good for about 10 minuets and then it went up to 108 DC Volts...!

Lee
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Yes, I understood that! But the data that you loaded could have reintroduced the problem to the new CPU which is why I am asking if it happens with a defaulted CPU. The concept is to take it back to basics and if possible get it functioning properly then build back up from there. If it doesn't work correctly with the basics then we have to look at hardware.

Moderator-NEC
Moderator-NEC
That is the normal voltage for a DC message waiting lamp.

https://www.sandman.com/messwait.html

From Sandman's site:
You can measure this voltage yourself if you have a better quality DC voltmeter (that presents a high resistance). Without message waiting, you will read 24 or 48 volts (or so) on an idle line. With message waiting, you will see a constant or interrupted (if the message waiting light flashes) 90 to 140 volts. If you only see this high voltage when there's a message waiting, you should have no problem using a NEON message waiting light on your system.

~edit~ I only caught the 3rd page, if you say there are no messages I guess it's something else.

Last edited by ttech; 11/14/15 11:18 PM.
Yes, I said that in the 4th post on this thread. However that has been ruled out but not sure how it was checked. That is why I keep asking what happens with a defaulted CPU!

I personally suspect that somehow the lamps have been turned on by an MCI command (which means the Cmd 200 code probably won't turn it off) but time will tell!

Lee07 Offline OP
OP Offline
ttech
Thank you for your reply.
we do not use voice mail system, how could that happen?
is there any way of turning on the MW lamp if there is no voice mail or voice message systems?
moreover, the single telephones we are using do NOT have lamps on them...!

Lee
Command 200 look for anything assigned data A040 (MW Lamp Control Set) and anything assigned data A041 (MW Lamp Control Reset) if nothing is set to A041 pick a free number and assign A041 to it then try clearing the message wait that way.

Procedure to clear is....

1. Get dial tone
2. Dial MW Cancel code
3. Dial Station Number; receive Service Set Tone
4. MW indication is cancelled
5. Hang up

Lee07 Offline OP
OP Offline
I had to wait 2 days to be able to visit the site.
I do NOT remember using such codes for MW set & cancel...in any sv8300 pbx...!
Is it possible to occur on all the analog station at the same time? what about the digital telephone , they do have lamps and none of them is lit...!

Lee
The codes have been there since the SDS days although they were a digit shorter, A48 and A49 respectively. If it does turn out to be message wait, once you have them turned off use CMD 1303 to disable message wait since you don't need it. I don't know of a way to bulk turn on lamps but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

So is it resolved and what was the cause? Was it message wait and if not, what was it or is the problem still there?

Lee07 Offline OP
OP Offline
yes the problem was solved by a customer engineer who tried to delete one 8LCA card and reprogram it again to see what could happen? he waited for hours and the voltage was perfect all the time, then he repeated the procedure on the other 8LCA cards and that solve the problem.
Good luck...!
with that said I could NOT follow the steps mentioned in your post, but for sure no codes were assigned for activating MW..

Last edited by Lee07; 11/26/15 06:38 AM.

Lee
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 141 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024