Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sir Guy Offline OP
OP Offline
Phone System Aspire L V 7.88

Voice mail Aspire Mail DMS 8 Port ( hard drive not the the flash)
Current Phone System NEC ASPIRE

Voice Mail VersionV3.80 - db38 Aspire Mail

OEM Name

Aspire Mail

System ID

UM_DKTOP

1]
I’ve got an Aspire Mail DMS that has started to reboot / lock up when accessing various reports, applying Mail Box Option Edits, and other typical admin tasks via a web browser; Internet Explorer, or Fire Fox. The list seems to be growing that causes the voice mail to reboot.

I can delete a mailbox and add a mail box but if I go to edit a mail box it reboots. Deleting the default entry word NONE under next call routing mail box, enter a user name, email address, etc…. and hit apply:

“ Server Not Responding “

Wait and it comes back.

Try to run a local back up - Reboots

While typing this I just went to System Options - Changed the Default silence from 1200 to1100 - hit apply and it rebooted.

A few techs I work with are suspecting the hard drive is on its way out; has a bad sector perhaps.

Any one here seen this gnome or know of possible causes to check?

2]
Another Gnome is the Aspire L phone system recently started to reboot in Aspire PC Pro if you tried to save the entire data base. I could select al la cart System Data and Telephone Data and down load that.

Upgraded the Firmware to 7.88, using the latest version of Aspire Pro same issue. For now I save to a flash card I left installed using pgm 90-03 1 from a phone

Regards
~gsl

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Time to start pitching a new system(s).

Sir Guy Offline OP
OP Offline
I have another 8 port ASPIRE Mail - or I should they company does... It may not be worth my time to fix it though -

You can only offer. You make money either way.

With the DMS, are they using email notification? If not Aspire Mail would be an alternative.

St Petersburg
Sir Guy Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Ron,
Thanx for reading

Yes we are using email unification -

I'm actually on the phone now with Dallas National Tech Support trying to find the woman I spoke to about transferring the unification license from the dyeing DMS to the spare 8 port DMS -- easy to do, she just needed the dongle key printed on the edge connector of the voice mail so I had to pick a night to shut them down. Stupid me called from the site or deleted the note of whom I called -- HAH Got the 800 number from Dallas NEC. Should be easy - I have an office in Shelton ! same town as NEC

Sir Guy Offline OP
OP Offline
FYI It was a bust NEC no longer RMA's this voice mail and whom ever said they could transfer licenses was incorrect. Just hate to stick in another 8 port DMS with only 120 licenses and even worse buy 80 licenses to get back to 200.

hmmmmmm.... uncompile and read the code; serial number verses challenge and generate my own key.....

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,635 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 106 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024