web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#596223 12/16/15 10:18 AM
OP Offline
I maintain an avaya IP office system and recently charter(service provider) changed out the MTA. Since then the Customer has a delay when dialing out. There is no LCR set up and the delay is about 10 seconds before the call starts ringing. Also the periodically get a busy dialing out. I can see that they are not getting a line by looking at the ATA. The display says busy. I have looked at the monitor and see it says no line. What can I look for to help me fix this? NO configuration changed.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

It should be some settings on the ATA, it's waiting for caller to finish dialling.

Change the dial plan in the ATA, such as digits.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
To start, Basic/Partner mode or Essential?

If Essential, run Monitor and SSA while placing test calls. Look at the dial delay tom and dial delay count on System>Telephony. Look at the await dial tone on the lines > analogue options. Check with a buttset directly on Charter, to see what kind of dialing completes faster, ie 7 digits for local, area code and 7 digits for local, 1 and area code and 7 digits for local. Modify the ARS to dial the calls that way. (here, a local call dialed as 10 digits completes about 5 seconds faster than that same local call dialed as 7 digits.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,833
Members49,768
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,590 Shoretel
189,475 CTX100 install
187,623 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 6
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024