Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Hello, I would like to add a Cordless telephone on line two of my 1A2 system.

I am able to wire the T and R but what do I do with the A A1 leads? The telephone has only one pair!.

thanks for your help!

SL

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello,

You need to install an A-Lead adapter on the T and R. Read about the Melco A/A1 S64-1 adapter on this thread...

https://sundance-communications.com...cs/483563/1a2_line_detection_a_lead_cont

...this will work for any single line phone, cordless or otherwise, by sensing the off-hook state of T and R, then providing a contact closure that you can wire up to A and A1. Works great. Check out the thread (link above), Ed sold me some a while ago, and I have a spare that is available. -Stryder

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
Sandman has a gizmo called a modular loop sensing relay. -Loop Sensing Relay- You use the N.O. relay contacts of this to operate the A-lead. It's a self contained device and works off loop current. It will NOT allow you to retrieve a call that's been placed on hold with the cordless, but if that's not an issue, it may be easier to get one. I don't know if the Melco's will let you get a call off hold...

Melco s64 will let you retrieve calls from hold. I use them on my 2 voip lines for cordless phones and non key extension telephones. They work well. I was looking at the sandman unit but found some s64s on eBay

TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Thank You,
I will try a find a few on eBay!

Merry X-Mas to all!

SL

TelcoBoy
Unregistered
TelcoBoy
Unregistered
Out of luck.
Found nothing on eBay and nothing on Google.

Regards

They come up occasionally on Ebay, you just have to be patient and keep watching. took me about 6 months to find 3. There is a post on here recently with someone selling some 1A2 equipment and in the pics he has two S64s maybe he would sell them separately? Never hurts to ask I suppose.
I dont see any reason why the sandman box wont function the same as a S64. Same sort of thing at the end of the day...

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
The sandman box won't take a call off hold because it depends on loop current to operate. All the loop current is going through the hold resistor on the line card, and there isn't enough to operate the relay. It will work fine for originating and receiving calls, but once the call goes on hold, there's not enough loop current on the station side of the line card. The melco units have an external power source, b-battery I'm guessing, that will operate the relay and provide the necessary current. I wonder if someone could devise a circuit that uses A-battery so when the phone is on hook, A-battery would flow through the loop detector to the set to provide the current to trip the relay when the phone is taken off hook, which would then swap out the A-battery for tip&ring thus taking a call off hold.... Hmmmm... May have to experiment.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,867
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,675 Shoretel
189,664 CTX100 install
187,871 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 128 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024