web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#597073 01/18/16 02:39 PM
OP Offline
Does the CIX670 output a smdr field for a call that is placed on hold?

My customer wants to know via call accounting how long an answered call is placed on hold for.

I have scoured the manual, and cannot find a record type generated for a call on hold.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The hold times are calculated by the reporting software. Since the hold key is not reported to the SMDR, your call accounting software doesn't know when a call was placed on hold and for how long. Therefore, it cannot determine if a call was placed on hold. I do know that Taske reporting does report hold times because it uses the OAI/CTI link instead of SMDR.

OP Offline
Thanks for the info. Does Taske do call recording?

Customer requirements:

Call recording of all calls (10 analog co's)
Calls must be answered live by group of 6-8 exts ( no AA or IVR )
Need to report:
% of calls answered within 20 seconds
% of calls disconnected before answered
% of calls placed on hold (max of 2 minutes)

Looking for an all-in-one solution if possible.

Considering Oaisys.

Taske does not record calls. I have used Oaisys many times with Toshiba (I just recently had to get certified due to changes with their support). It's still integrates well with Toshiba, even if Toshiba wants to promote another company after it's sale to Mitel.

Oaisys connects to Toshiba by a CTI link so you get cradle to grave call details. If you want reports then you would want the Tracer rather then the Talkument. The Oaisys Tracer includes a few more features then the Talkument like Reports and live call monitoring.

But the reports in Oaisys are not as in-depth as the Taske reports. You won't find the reports you want, such as on-hold, Answer time, or abandon calls with Oaisys. These reports focus on number of calls an call duration. You can see all the details within a recorded call, but not a statistical report on the hold times.

With most of our customers that need both a system with detailed reporting and call recording, we propose both the Oaisys Talkumnet and the Taske Reporter.

I figure I should just add a little bit more:
The new Toshiba call recording solution they recommend is Oaksi.com. They may have an all in one solution. Up until the end of March Toshiba is running a promotion that includes their Call recording solution plus ReportX, their call accounting solution.

Looking though their sample reports, it looks like if will much of the reporsts you wanted, but I don't see a sample report on Hold times.

But even Taske if the users are not part of an ACD system, you don't get as many reporting options. Looking at the Extension reports, they do not report on Hold times, while the ACD agent reports do.

But while they don't show hold times outside of an ACD system, you can search the system for calls based on a specific criteria, including hold duration.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,763
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,442 Shoretel
188,296 CTX100 install
187,078 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024